deleting a ms access database (1 Viewer)

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:43
what vba code or MS Access code can be used to delete a MS Access database from within another MS Access database?

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
, 22:43
what vba code or MS Access code can be used to delete a MS Access database from within another MS Access database?

Interesting request. Never had to do this myself, and I am curious as to what causes the need to do this?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
, 19:43
Not sure if I should share this with you but it is freely available so it isn't like I'm sharing a secret. You can delete ANY files (be careful with this) by using:

Kill "YourPathAndFileNameHere"

so if I had a db called Temp.mdb in my C:\Temp folder I would use

Kill "C:\Temp\Temp.mdb"

and once that line has executed, it is gone.

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Not sure if I should share this with you but it is freely available so it isn't like I'm sharing a secret. You can delete ANY files (be careful with this) by using:

Kill "YourPathAndFileNameHere"

so if I had a db called Temp.mdb in my C:\Temp folder I would use

Kill "C:\Temp\Temp.mdb"

and once that line has executed, it is gone.

I like to thank you very much for the help.
Greetings from Brugge in Belgium

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for the help
I'm glad to hear that you have a kind of relation with my country.
Belgian people who emigrated to the U.S are know as hard working people. So be proud of your ancestors. i'm sure they beloged to the group of har working and friendly people.

I myself have been in the united state for almost one year. That wa slong ago, to be precisely from december1956 until half november 1957.
During this time a was a member of the Belgium navy. I stayed in Charleston- south Carolina and in Norfolk. The time that Eisenhouwer was president . I was only 17 years old. During my stay i Cahrleston i got lucj to be invited at Christmas and after taht all the time that I stayed in Charleston, by a family with the name "Peoples. They lived in the Cedar avenue 102B. Tey also had a son who must ne now about 60 years old i guess. In the last five years

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for the help
Belgian people who emigrated to the U.S are know as hard working people. So be proud of your ancestors. i'm sure they beloged to the group of har working and friendly people.

I myself have been in the united state for almost one year. That wa slong ago, to be precisely from december1956 until half november 1957.
During this time a was a member of the Belgium navy. I stayed in Charleston- south Carolina and in Norfolk. The time that Eisenhouwer was president . I was only 17 years old. During my stay i Cahrleston i got lucj to be invited at Christmas and after taht all the time that I stayed in Charleston, by a family with the name "Peoples. They lived in the Cedar avenue 102B. Tey also had a son who must ne now about 60 years old i guess. In the last five years i tried to get in contact with ths family, hoping some of them

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for the help
Belgian people who emigrated to the U.S are known as hard working people. So be proud of your ancestors. i'm sure they belonged to the group of hard working and friendly people.

I myself have been in the United States for almost one year. That was long ago, to be precisely from december1956 until half november 1957.
During this time a was a member of the Belgium navy ( radar operator). I stayed in Charleston- South Carolina and in Norfolk. That was the time that Eisenhouwer was president . I was only 17 years old. During my stay in Charleston i got luck to be invited at Christmas and after that all the time that I stayed in Charleston, by a family with the name "Peoples. Mr People was a war veteran, who during a raid was shot down and picked up by the English navy. I remember that he showed me the paper from this time, where was said that he was killed in action.! He was decorated with the purple hart, one of the highest decorations you can get in the U.S I guess. I and some of my colleges where invited by him and his family, as a kind of thank for the fact that the English navy saved his live. He lived in the Cedar Avenue 102B in Charleston. They also had a son who must be now about 50 years old i guess. In the last five years i tried to get in contact with ths family, hoping some of them are still alive. But until now without any success.

odrap

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom