Did you see Beckam bending the ball?

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:41
It was a thing of beauty. Finally I saw Beckam bending the ball (on TV). England moves to Quarter Finals. Good Luck!!

He followed it up rather well with his performance on the pitch afterwards.
Not sure throwing up is such a good celebration.
However ... bring on portugal (minus 2 players :D )

Beckham is poo!

A midfield of Lampard, Gerrard, Cole and Carrick is the way to go. If we were playing a five man midfield add in Lennon.

This isn't american footy where you have a special plays team. The other ninety minutes of beckham isn't worth the glamour shot for the 9 o'Clock news!

Pauldohert said:
Beckham is poo!

A midfield of Lampard, Gerrard, Cole and Carrick is the way to go. If we were playing a five man midfield add in Lennon.

This isn't american footy where you have a special plays team. The other ninety minutes of beckham isn't worth the glamour shot for the 9 o'Clock news!
I agree England are not yet clicking, but at least we won and thats the main thing. I fear we will struggle against Portugal.

If we should beat Portugal and get to the semi's and Brazil win today and their quarter final - we will meet Brazil in the semi's

Col

Portugal were my decent money tip to win the competition in the other thread! We have a good chance IF we play to our capabilities. Especially with 2 maybe 3 first choices for portugal missing.

Well i said weeks ago England would win the world cup...hopefully my wishful thinking will come true. Lampard needs to score...how frustrated must he be by now!

Lyndseyd said:
Well i said weeks ago England would win the world cup...hopefully my wishful thinking will come true. Lampard needs to score...how frustrated must he be by now!
You mean Lumpard :rolleyes: :mad:

Ok... You guys must be kicking up a stink over something....I've never watched this but I'll watch a little and pull for England...:)

(Anyone see OSUvsUNC last night? :) )

KenHigg said:
Ok... You guys must be kicking up a stink over something....I've never watched this but I'll watch a little and pull for England...:)

You should watch it Kenny, then you'd see what the term football really means :p

Many folks in US do not watch Soccer because "I do not know the rules". Actually Soccer has lot less rules than American Football. Of course, pretending injury and acting for favor from Referee is hard to figure out. I guess, that is part of the game. This world cup, I saw a lot of acting.

Jacob Mathai said:
Many folks in US do not watch Soccer because "I do not know the rules". Actually Soccer has lot less rules than American Football. Of course, pretending injury and acting for favor from Referee is hard to figure out. I guess, that is part of the game. This world cup, I saw a lot of acting.

About all I know:

1. You kick the ball around and are not allowed to touch it with you hands...(Except the goalie guy)
2. You try to kick into the other guys net thing
3. Sometimes if the other guy screws up (?), you get to set the ball dead in front of his net and try to kick it in...
4. Some guys aren't allowed in certain sections of the fld (Or you can only have so many of yours guys in a particular section at a time)?

KenHigg said:
About all I know:

1. You kick the ball around and are not allowed to touch it with you hands...(Except the goalie guy)
2. You try to kick into the other guys net thing
3. Sometimes if the other guy screws up (?), you get to set the ball dead in front of his net and try to kick it in...
4. Some guys aren't allowed in certain sections of the fld (Or you can only have so many of yours guys in a particular section at a time)?

And they don't have to stop for the networks to advertise :rolleyes:

Rich said:
And they don't have to stop for the networks to advertise :rolleyes:

Seems to be plenty of adverts pasted all over the stadium though... Maybe thats how they make all the money...?

KenHigg said:
Seems to be plenty of adverts pasted all over the stadium though... Maybe thats how they make all the money...?

Most of the money comes from the sale of television rights, after all several Billion people will watch the World Cup final, unlike the few hundred who watch the world series final :cool:

I wonder what a 30 second advert would cost - ?

Ken as Jacob Mathai said it is pretty simple and 1- 3 pretty much covers the basics -

Thats not really the case. There is the offside rule - ie players can't hangaround the opponents goal area - unless a couple of defenders are hanging round with them.

This is the only rule which should cause any problem, though once you have the hang of this its simple too.

Enjoy the game!

Pauldohert said:
Ken as Jacob Mathai said it is pretty simple and 1- 3 pretty much covers the basics -

Thats not really the case. There is the offside rule - ie players can't hangaround the opponents goal area - unless a couple of defenders are hanging round with them.

This is the only rule which should cause any problem, though once you have the hang of this its simple too.

Enjoy the game!

Hum... That'll make it more interesting to watch - Thanks... :)

Hey now, not all Americans are ignorant of the rules. I for one hate American football (ready...set...GO!Pound this guy really hard!OK, STOP!...wait five minutes...repeat, ad infinitum) and Baseball (Got your dip in? Ok, good. Now go out there and stand for a couple hours). I played soccer and street hockey in school, and I have to say that soccer is my second favorite sport next to hockey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom