Question Display PDF from OLE field on form (1 Viewer)

gem1204

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
I'm working on an existing 2010 database that has a table that stores PDF's in an OLE field. The boss wants to be able to see the PDF on a form along with the other fields in the database. He doesn't want the pdf to open up in a separate window in Adobe PDF viewer. He doesn't want to have to switch between 2 windows because he's comparing data from the other fields in the record to what's on the PDF. He doesn't have dual monitors and doesn't want that either.

when I put the PDF field on a form all I get is an ICON that has to be double clicked on to open but I need it to display the pdf or at leas part of the PDF so he can scroll down to view the whole pdf. I thought about using a subform or tabs and putting a web browser control to display the pdf. I've seen examples of how to set a web browser control URL when the pdf is in an attachment field but I haven't been able to find any examples of how to view the pdf in a web browser control or any code to actually show the pdf on the form from an OLE field.

Anybody know who to do this?

BTW. I know storing the PDF in an attachment field is the best way to do this and I've let the boss know. My only task is to display it on a form and not to redesign the database. I have nothing to do with this database other than trying to help figure this thing out.

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:12
I've been trying to do the same thing for the past month. The user wants to be able to see the picture of the PDF and then be able to send an email from the form as well. From what I have gathered, I have only been able to get just a mini image that pops up. Things like bitmap images work fine. They show up and look great, but I haven't been able to do the same with other documents. Hopefully there will be a definitive answer one here. Just thought I would post and say that I am in the same boat so you aren't alone haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom