aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:57
In my load form I have:

Code:
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

And it works fine for about 30 different users.

But for some reason, for 3 users, those DoCmd lines cause an error.

It says "You can't carry out this action at the present time"

"You tried to run a macro or used the DoCmd object in Visual Basic to carry out an action.................."

Why is this happening on only 3 and not the rest?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 00:57
does this person have a different version of Access?
does this person have a different OS ver? 32 bit vs 64bit

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:57
Added to Ranman's questions:

Does this person have a different FLAVOR of Access (32-bit vs. 64-bit) regardless of the O/S flavor?

Is this a domain-based environment? IF YES to Domain-based, then are the 3 users in a different domain-based group than the other (27?) users? IF YES to different groups, talk to your IT person to determine if the group with the 3 miscreant cases has a different setting for registry access than the others.

IF NO to domain-based environment, then someone needs to check the permissions placed on the registry to see if for some reason they are locked down from changing the settings under HKEY_LOCAL_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Office \ Access ... (several slots under this path).

Also, you might want to verify that these three users haven't been putzing around with the File >> Options >> Current Database settings on the Access menu.

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
They are all running 64 bit like myself.
I’m not sure about the domain-based environment. I don’t really know what that means.
I just put the program up on the server and give them use a shortcut to the front end.
If I take the two lines of code out:
Code:
[COLOR=black][FONT="Courier New"]DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT="Times New Roman"]DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo[/FONT][/COLOR]

Then the program works fine for the three.
It’s because they can use the program just fine without those two lines that I’m thinking it has something to do with the code itself and not the environment.

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Also its not the Access Version.

I have the same program working just fine for 2013 and 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom