DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec (1 Viewer)

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 06:59
Popeye, I'm glad it now works.

However I'm confused about the recordsource thingy- My main form where I use that code is actually unbound. The sample I uploaded just above may have a recordsource, but the subforms aren't linked. Heck, I didn't even bother to make relationships between the fields!

I'm thinking it's something else that is affecting the need for recordsource.

If you want to leave it as (as the old saying goes; if it ain't broken, don't fix it), I'm glad it's working now. :)

popeye

Work smarter, not harder.
Local time
Funny you should mention the old adage "if it aint broken dont fix it" considering the fact that the db im putting together is for scheduling maintenance, preventative maintenance, so they wana fix stuff before they get broken.

The recordsource i was refern to is the one on the parent form, although the other forms arent related, i found that removing the table that you have from the parent form as the recordsource causes an error. you can check it out...

popeye

Work smarter, not harder.
Local time
Funny you should mention the old adage "if it aint broken dont fix it" considering the fact that the db im putting together is for scheduling maintenance, preventative maintenance, so they wana fix stuff before they get broken.

The recordsource i was refern to is the one on the parent form, although the other forms arent related, i found that removing the table that you have from the parent form as the recordsource causes an error. you can check it out...

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Really.

I'll have a look when I have Access handy once again. I'm off for the day, so it won't be til Monday.

That makes no sense, as I can tell you that I have a database that does the same thing from a unbound parent form... :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom