DoCmd.SendObject Method (Access) acFormatPDF File Name Change (1 Viewer)

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:48
Is there any way to change the .PDF file name from the number "1" to a name that I will give with the DoCmd.SendObject method (Access) acFormatPDF parameter ? Right now the attached file is named '1.PDF'.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:48
What object are you sending? Is it a report? Can you show us your code?

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
I'm sending a report. Below is the code.

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, sRep, acFormatPDF, sAddr, , , sSubj, "Thank you for taking this survey. Attached is your copy of " & "'Survey Report'."

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I'm sending a report. Below is the code.

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, sRep, acFormatPDF, sAddr, , , sSubj, "Thank you for taking this survey. Attached is your copy of " & "'Survey Report'."
So, the report's name is 1? Is that right?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I'm going to pass it from the form.
Okay, you could try the following code:
Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport "1", acViewPreview, , , acHidden
Reports![1].Caption = Forms!FormName.TextboxName
DoCmd.Close acReport, "1"
(untested)
Hope that helps...

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
I misread your question. The report name is not "1". I'll try the code tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks ! ! !

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I misread your question. The report name is not "1". I'll try the code tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks ! ! !
Okay, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

lhooker

Registered User.
Local time
Update . . . My e-mail finally arrived (hours later). It appears that when sending the MS Access e-mail with an attachment, the attachment has a filename of "#1.PDF", but when the reaches it's designation, it has my specified filename. Weird . . . Have heard of this before ? Now, I have to figure out why the delay with this MS Access e-mail. Thanks the alternate solution ! ! !

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 07:48
You could copy the report to a new name and send that?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Update . . . My e-mail finally arrived (hours later). It appears that when sending the MS Access e-mail with an attachment, the attachment has a filename of "#1.PDF", but when the reaches it's designation, it has my specified filename. Weird . . . Have heard of this before ? Now, I have to figure out why the delay with this MS Access e-mail. Thanks the alternate solution ! ! !
That sounds weird, but I can't say anything for sure without seeing your environment. Hope you find the answer soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom