Docmd.Transferspreadsheet (2 Viewers)

Kingz

Local time
Today, 02:47
Hi, I was wondering if I could rename an excel export. I'm actually surprised there isn't a "sheetname". I guess I could rename my query table but I don't want to, die to organisational reasons. Here is my statement:

StrTable="3_boxphase"
Docmd.TransferSpreadsheet Transfertype:=acexport, spreadsheettype=acspreadtypeexcel12xml, table name:= strTable filename:=strdestpath, hasfieldnames:=True

So strTable is a query name, but I would like to call the sheet "Box"

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 01:47
Not with that command. You could edit the sheet afterwards and rename?

Kingz

Local time
Ah, I've found it... It's "Range" oddly enough ;) Thanks

ebs17

Local time
I guess I could rename my query table but I don't want to, die to organisational reasons
Saved under new name (CreateQueryDef, ...):
Code:
SELECT * FROM ExistingName
Can your organization cope with something like that?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
No it is not. :(

From https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/access.docmd.transferspreadsheet

RangeOptionalVariantA string expression that's a valid range of cells or the name of a range in the spreadsheet. This argument applies only to importing. Leave this argument blank to import the entire spreadsheet. When you export to a spreadsheet, you must leave this argument blank. If you enter a range, the export will fail.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:47
It's one of those things you'll find out only by accident. But as the documentation shows, it's not guaranteed to work forever. Cheers!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:47
A safer solution is to create a query that has the name you want for the Worksheet. That query then selects the data query and is only used for exporting.

Kingz

Local time
No it is not. :(

From https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/access.docmd.transferspreadsheet

RangeOptionalVariantA string expression that's a valid range of cells or the name of a range in the spreadsheet. This argument applies only to importing. Leave this argument blank to import the entire spreadsheet. When you export to a spreadsheet, you must leave this argument blank. If you enter a range, the export will fail.
It works for me! I read it somewhere and tried it. I think the main purpose is give you a chance to say exactly where, say, "Main!B2:c7", but just the name seems to change the sheet name from the table table to that.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:47
It works for me!
When the documentation says that it doesn't work, you should be worried, very worried rather than think you've put something over on Access.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Care to share how you did it?
I just tried with 2019
and get
1713645214235.png

and not even trying a range?

1713645163605.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Best I can see is that the range parameter will at least allow a sheetname on export, but not an actual range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom