Dynamic Reports using VBA (or not?) (1 Viewer)

k.halterman

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:30
Greetings, I am designing a database to manage equipment for soldiers on DA Form 2062's. Using tables to store soldier information, equipment information I created a form to assign equipment to each soldier based on serial number. The form has a button that opens a report based on a query of that soldier to print all records of equipment that match the ID of the soldier in the query.

Here is my dilemma, which is twofold. Printing the report based on equipment in the database was simple enough, however, if you look at the DA 2062 in the link above, there are 16 blank lines. For the printed report to be a legal form, it must match the one above exactly. Access will only print one line for each record found. I use jpeg's of the original form as sort of a background for the report and textboxes to fill in the data. In detail view is where each record is added line by line.

K, first question. How can I add extra blank lines to fill it out to 16 lines as is on the original form?

2nd, and possibly more advanced, is it possible to add calculated lines to the report based on whether certain Yes/No fields in the Soldiers table are checked?

Thanks for any insight

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 160

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 18:30
.... however, if you look at the DA 2062 in the link above, there are 16 blank lines.
Which link?

Is it always 16 blank lines, or what determines that a line is blank or not?

2nd, and possibly more advanced, is it possible to add calculated lines to the report based on whether certain Yes/No fields in the Soldiers table are checked?
Yes it is, but how to do it depend on, what you want to calculate, how the lines should appear in the report!
So could you explain a little more, or better make some samples how you want the final result, (print screen)?

k.halterman

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:30
Okay, it's always 16 lines, it's a preformatted form. The website link didn't work because I have less than 10 posts, but here is the URL to the form itself. http :// www .apd.army .mil /pub/eforms/pdf/a2062.pdf sorry, had to break it up so the form would let me post it. You'll see what I am talking about with the preformatted 16 lines.

Basically on that second part, if the Yes/No field is Yes, I want to fill out the next available line (before printing blank lines) with static variable text (since it will be predetermined).

aliciaj1

Local time
Today, 09:30
Hi. I am also looking and have a database I have been using to keep track of my supply room. I have wanted to integrate a 2062 into my database for some time. I was wondering if you could help me k. halterman with this. I see your screen shot and was wondering on some of the logistics on how you got that going. As of now I use the access database and word to mail merge the two together. However this is inconvenient when working with multiple records.

Please and Thanks!

Greetings, I am designing a database to manage equipment for soldiers on DA Form 2062's. Using tables to store soldier information, equipment information I created a form to assign equipment to each soldier based on serial number. The form has a button that opens a report based on a query of that soldier to print all records of equipment that match the ID of the soldier in the query.

Here is my dilemma, which is twofold. Printing the report based on equipment in the database was simple enough, however, if you look at the DA 2062 in the link above, there are 16 blank lines. For the printed report to be a legal form, it must match the one above exactly. Access will only print one line for each record found. I use jpeg's of the original form as sort of a background for the report and textboxes to fill in the data. In detail view is where each record is added line by line.

K, first question. How can I add extra blank lines to fill it out to 16 lines as is on the original form?

Thanks for any insight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom