E-mail Attachment? (1 Viewer)

sara82

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:22
Is it possible to attach an email in a field of a form?

We have a database that keeps track of technical orders. We get e-mails on what we are supposed to implement on a particular tech. order. Is there anyway I can attach or make a copy of this email or something to have it in a field of my form?

Thanks.

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:22
You can take the contents of your inbox into Access by using File Import and changing the file typr to Exchange, next choose which folder you want to import from your inbox and the contents will be taken into an Access table. The body of the email will automatically be set to memo so from here you can create your form and display the message results.

Hay

N

norhaya

Email Attachement

Hi

thank you for the information posted here which a great use for my work. Have a question though, some of the email have attachement, can access upload it. so far I notice that it notified that there is an attachement, but how can I view the attachement in the database or form view.

thanking you in advance and look forward to hear from you

norhaya

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:22
Your best bet would be to store the attachments in a directory and create a link to this as storing the attahment in access will take up too much memory.

Hay

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom