Enable or disable controls within a continuos form (1 Viewer)

O

osvalch

I´m trying to enable or disable a checkbox within a record in a continuos form depending on a value. But when I enable or disable it, all the rows displayed in the form are affected.
How can I enable or disable a control in the active record so that all the others remain without change ?

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:33
I don't think this is possible on a continuous form. I may be wrong, though.

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:33
It may be possible under certain limits. Give us a better idea about what you want to do: what checkbox(es) do you want to toggle (current record or other(s)) under which circumstances, etc.

Last edited:
O

osvalch

The problem is that depending on a value, I need to disable a control. It can be an option group or a text box. But this control must be disabled only for the records that have a specific value. This works fine in a simple form, but in the continuos form I don't know how can it be done. I'm attaching a snapshot of the form. I'll appreciate very much your support.

R

Rich

Something like
Private Sub Form_Current()
Me.Caption = Me.txtDescr
Select Case Val(Me.txtAlph)
Case Is > 0
Me.Command82.Visible = True
Case Else
Me.Command82.Visible = False
End Select
End Sub

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:33
You can't really control this for a single record of a continuous form. Anything you do will affect every instance. So, the key is to do something that will not change the appearance of the form. Use some property other than .visible such as .enabled or .locked. If you set a control to locked in the Current event, it really doesn't matter if the control is locked for all instances. You can only operate on a single instance at one time so the correct setting for that instance is what is important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom