Error: "Object or class does not support the set of events" connecting Access 07 to O (1 Viewer)

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:12
Error: "Object or class does not support the set of events" connecting Access 07 to O

I have the following issue which I have tried to troubleshoot myself and going through other threads like this online by Googling to no avail. Can anyone help? The online threads are mostly old to date anyway but didn't help even the Win 7 ones. I can't afford to upgrade Office 07 yet as I've just started a new business.

I'm trying to use the functionality to link Access to Outlook as linked table (used before for company and was very effective). It's a clean Office 07 install, been patched and repaired. There's no code in the databases I'm using (blank canvasses) and affects any database I use. I've checked registry and library references. Tried the recommended MS patch but was already installed.

I also had other issues connecting Word to Outlook to send email merge as well but that's another issue and found workaround by using Outlook and pointing to Word.

Please can you help. The only other bit of info which may be useful was that new laptop (also all patched) came with trial of Office 365 which was using all my modest data allowance I think (or Windows update) so I uninstalled and installed my existing copy Office 07 Pro Plus.

Thanks in advance guys. Really need this working for new business.

mh123

Registered User.
Local time
Re: Error: "Object or class does not support the set of events" connecting Access 07

Are you linking to an actual table or trying to link to a query?

What error(s) are you getting and what's the actual issue besides 'it doesn't work'? If you can be more specific (with what you're doing) it will be easier to help!

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time
Re: Error: "Object or class does not support the set of events" connecting Access 07

The error message is the title of the thread. I'm trying to use the external data function and more to link to Outlook then link table, not import function. Does that make sense? Thanks for trying to help :eek: :cool:

mh123

Registered User.
Local time

Sorry I am a bit confused!

Are you trying to get data from Access into Outlook, or data from Outlook into Access?

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

Either but in this instance outlook to access.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:12

Welcome to the Forum! :)

A few questions...
1. Please post the References you have checked You can also look here for reference... http://www.access-diva.com/d5.html
2. Is this an .MDB or .ACCDB
3. What is the path? Could be you are linking to the Office version that came preinstalled on your machine and not your version that you installed

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

hi and thanks. I looked up access 2007 refs and its showing all the ones that are listed on the link you sent and no more. I think I've tried with both mdb and accdb extension. not sure what you mean by what is the past? I'm using both outlook and access 2007 and they're just using standard directories file locations such as my documents or dropbox.

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

however i should say that it could well be linking to the wrong version of office as it came preinstalled with a trial of 365 which i unloaded and installed and patched 2007 along with the operating system patches excetra

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time

Oops, nevermind for question 3... not enough coffee when linking to Outlook no path just mail boxes.

Hmm, just tested on my Windows 7 64 bit but have Outlook 2010 installed but still worked. So, Let's think outside the box. Under Program and Features do you see any other version of Office loaded on your machine? What steps are you doing to link to Outlook? (I know it's a silly question but I'm asking anyway.)

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

Smiles. OK, from the DB window, I click on 'external data' tab, more and outlook folder.

No I fully uninstalled Office 365. I used to work in IT support so I was very careful with things :eek:

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

I've heard of other users with similar setups and it's worked. Some after they've installed patches and SP3. I've followed all the threads on this subject I can find to date - taken a while but got nothing. Most were old as well and this is why I suspect Office 365. I'm also using Win 8.1 Bing (such fun!).

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time

Hmm, I don't have a Windows 8 or 8.1 machine to test to see if, in fact, that is the reason.

Oh, I wasn't looking for Office 365, I was wanting to know if you saw Office 2013... and, yep, I forgot to mention that. Outlook specifically will not *play nice* if it finds ANY remnants of another version. So, it's Office 2013 you are looking for.

Since it sounds like you are sure you removed ALL of Office 365 and 2013, is there a Windows 7 machine you can test this on?

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

i don't have one i'm afraid i'm just starting a new business but i suspect it would work on windows 7 as i've heard windows 8 has lots of glitches.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time

Yeah, well, Windows 8 is *special*. I'm going to think you would need to find someone with a Windows 8 machine and see if they have a work around. I know it works on Windows 7 64bit and just not sure what else I could recommend as you have tried all the other fixes you could find.

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

well i appreciate you trying anyway and the windows 8 comment made me smile. Many thanks. anyone else out there any ideas?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time

I don't have a definitive solution, but there seems to be plenty to things to try. Have you seen these links? They offer suggestions which seem to have worked for others.

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=91418

http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html

http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.access.forms/object-or-class-does-not-suppor/17093

It is not clear to me from your posts whether you have mdb or accdb. You say 'I think I've tried with both mdb and accdb extension' but this could just mean you changed the extension, not created the appropriate db type.

Smiles. OK, from the DB window, I click on 'external data' tab, more and outlook folder.
and is this the point when you get the error message? Or after you have selected a folder? Or when you try to open the table or a form using the table as a recordsource?

Have you tried creating a brand new .accdb and the first thing you do is to link to an outlook folder?

Have you tried linking to a different outlook folder in case the required folder is corrupted or has 'bad' data.

Just to throw into the mix, I'm using Access 2010 on win 8.1 and can link OK.

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

hi i've tried all these references you gave me. It's a clean database with no code in it. i've been working with access for years so i've used both file extensions properly not just renaming them. i've even tried recreating a brand new pst file as well and locating it in a basic directory and it doesn't work either. Just doing my head in lol.

OfficeSpark

Registered User.
Local time

Thank you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom