Excel addin path (1 Viewer)

BobNTN

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:20
May not belong here but since it is a Windows subject:
I added a third party addin called Xlookup to my two desktops and laptop. Works great.
Problem is, when I take a spreadsheet from one puter to another, it fails to see the addin path because each puter name is different. So I have to mitigate each formula entry.

C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\XLOOKUP.xlam
vs
C:\Users\rlg\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\XLOOKUP.xlam

Is there a way to keep this from happening other than naming all puters the same?

Thanks much in advance!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:20
Put it in AllUsers, DefaultUser or Public?

1679321775366.png

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 10:20
According to the instructions to add, you browse to the location?, so can be anywhere?

BobNTN

Registered User.
Local time
Yes you are correct. I added the Microsoft/addins directory under user 'default and copied the file over then changed the path in Excel. I will do the same on laptop, and try the file there. It should work, we will see. I will let you know. Thanks so much.

BobNTN

Registered User.
Local time
According to the instructions to add, you browse to the location?, so can be anywhere?
I finally had to completely remove the one I had in Excel then shut Excel down and restart the desktop and laptop. Then reinstalled the addin from the 'Default' directory and it appears to work.
Thank you so much for putting me on the correct path. I should have thought of that but alas, I didn't.
BTW, it is a great little addin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom