Excel - Data Validation - No drop-down (1 Viewer)

OddProject

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:25
Mornin'!

I have a slight problem (more of an annoyance).

I have a workbook with countless worksheets. On each worksheet I have data vailidation employed, all the drop downs work fine on every sheet but one. The drop down will not work, but if I hold Alt + Down arrow the list appears (But includes other bits of random data...) I've tried everything but it ownt work...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

OddPro

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 05:25
Is there anything different about this particular combo that sets it aside froom the rest? Could it be the source data/range? does F4 work to open the drop down?

OddProject

Registered User.
Local time
Is there anything different about this particular combo that sets it aside froom the rest? Could it be the source data/range? does F4 work to open the drop down?

Every worksheet is identical, just holds different data for different customers. The source and data is all in the same place and is exactly the same on every worksheet. F4 doesn't do anything except asks me to save... But if I hold Alt + Down arrow the list appears, but it holds other bits of data from the same column. There isn't an arrow in each cell, some have corsses and some have nothing, very strange.

OddProject

Registered User.
Local time
Anyone able to help with this? Its more of an annoyance than a problem, just dont understand why the drop down deosn't work, when it works on other identical worksheets.

qafself

Registered User.
Local time
Suggest you remove the data validation settings on that sheet and redo them it won't take long if you tick the check box for apply this to all cells with the same seting.

OddProject

Registered User.
Local time
Suggest you remove the data validation settings on that sheet and redo them it won't take long if you tick the check box for apply this to all cells with the same seting.

Thanks for the reply, but I have tried that. Copied and pasted the values in a different work book, removed the data validation, applied the data validation and selected the data (same as all the other worksheets) in the source and pasted the values back in. No drop down (before and after I copied the values back in).

I actually have 3 drop down lists, again, all identical to the other worksheets, but nothing works on this particular worksheet.

qafself

Registered User.
Local time
In that case I suggest that you copy all data from sheet, delete sheet and create a new one - excel does go funny on you sometimes and if a particular sheet is problematical the best solution is to bin it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom