exprt data from access to excel (1 Viewer)

david_3343434

Local time
Today, 07:14
hi

i have access 2013 and when i try to export data to excel with "Analyze data in excel" when the file is open i excel i get this error message file error: some data may have been lost". (and a whole row has not been export)

i tried to fix this file with excel open and repair option and i click on "extract data" but then i got this message;
Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.
Excel found errors that may cause some recovered data to be put in the wrong cells. Please check your recovered data carefully.

Last edited:

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 08:14
Just saw your post - guessing it is a Data Type or null.
The Excel export is a hard-coded executable that might not be as well documented as we expect MS to provide.

A memo field with over 255 characters or some of the other data types might not be compatible with the way microsoft wrote the program.

http://www.btabdevelopment.com/ts/default.aspx?PageId=49
In this code sample - the strTQName (add the local table / query name in quotes)
Then add the path name in quotes.

You will need to go to a code module and then in Tools - References in the code module and choose MS Excel (your version number)

This might look overwhelming to begin with. However, it will move you into a place where you have much more control over the process.

david_3343434

Local time
thanks for your fast answer, the problem is that the access database is a mde file that someone else create so i don't have control on this code

mariyakeon

Local time
Hey david_3343434
Hmm you can easily export data from access to excel without any loss.
No need of any code for this by a desktop application you can easily resolve your query. Use Systools Access to Excel for exporting the access database to excel sheet which will export data and also recover corrupted tables or records.

david_3343434

Local time
thanks alot for your fast answer

This software Systools Access to Excel looks great. but it's will not help me because i don't have a direct access to dhe database (mdb) file (the file is locked) and I can access the data only through mde file.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Just for grins... have you attempted to create a new Access DB. From that new DB attempt to LINK to the tables of the MDE.
It can be locked down if they remembered to do so.

david_3343434

Local time
i tried and the tables are and queries are open and the reports and forms are locked (They are gray). its there some way how to get the entire mdb file (include forms and reports)?

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
1. If your new front-end DB can link to the tables and queries - the code solution can work. It is not a perfect solution to have a 2nd reporting DB but it will get your data out.

2. Now with your blank database - just for grins, attempt to IMPORT OBJECTS
This is something we do when updating to a newer version of Access.
For some basic steps - look at this:
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=246457&highlight=import+objects

david_3343434

Local time
Thank you very much really able to import all the tables and queries, but is there no way to import everything from the mde file (like forms macros and models)

mariyakeon

Local time
thanks for your fast answer, the problem is that the access database is a mde file that someone else create so i don't have control on this code
Hey david_3343434;1256111
Thanku for appreciation
To unlock MDB file you can try our Systools access password recovery tool it will easily unlock the MDB files.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
If you can import them, you can LINK to them. Create a Reports DB with your own reports including the Excel code. A linked table will give you up-to-date data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom