Finding Customer Thats Spent The Most (1 Viewer)

danielemyr

Local time
Today, 09:18
Hello,

I am working on a database at the moment to try and find the customer that has spent the most money. At the moment i can only get the customers that have placed the most orders. I have a dispatch table that consists of all the orders and a customer table that are linked using a Customer Number. Each order has a dispatch number because one customer can buy more than one product per order. Like i said at the start I'm trying to find the customer that has spent the most money but the top 10 would be better. I havent used Access in a long time and I've just been bluffing my way through up til now. I have never used any code in Access before so the simplest way would be the best for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

WhiteRex

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:18
Do you have separate columns for each separate order that has been placed?

danielemyr

Local time
I have created a append query to find out how many individual orders there are and because of the way the relationship has been set up i can see how many product's that are attached to that order. So i have a table that just has a list of order numbers in if that helps.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:18
Please get a screen capture of your tables and relationships; save it as a jpg; then create a zip and attach it to a post. You must use zip because of your post count.

danielemyr

Local time
here is the relationship. I know its probably overly complicated and messy to what it needs to be. A lot of it isn't related to my question but here it is.

Attachments

• relationship.zip
    150.1 KB · Views: 63

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What is SQF? SQFProduct vs Product.?? I don't understand your diagram.
See the free videos here for Customer--Order--OrderDetail--Product/Item set up(typical).

Can you give us an overview of your business in plain English so that we might follow the diagram?

danielemyr

Local time
Ye sorry. Basically SQF is a replacement so a product that needs to be sent out so a customer says that there missing a item or its broken etc then that information gets stored in that table. The related tables like SQF product is a way of keeping track of showing how many times a particular product needed to be replaced to see if there are any common denominators with the product eg broken in some way. I wanted to keep the SQF (Replacements) side away from the orders side of things. I hope this helps.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I suggest you watch the videos. They will give you an overview of table design and the concepts underlying the design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom