Form Buttons No Longer Working! (1 Viewer)

mikewood1980

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:30
Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help with the following error that keeps on reoccurring. Out of the blue - all the buttons on one of my forms have stopped working and keep coming up with an error:

the expression OnClick you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Method or data member not found.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for you help

Mike Wood

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:30
Are you offered the opportunity to go into debug mode and view the offending line? If not, comment out the error handler and you should be. What line is causing the error?

mikewood1980

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Paul

I haven't put in any error handling into my code - the script was working fine yesterday, but suddenly stopped working without me making any changes! All the buttons and events on the form seem to be affected :mad:

Is there any other way to find out what might be causing the error?

Thanks
Mike

mikewood1980

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Paul

I haven't put in any error handling into my code - the script was working fine yesterday, but suddenly stopped working without me making any changes! All the buttons and events on the form seem to be affected :mad:

Is there any other way to find out what might be causing the error?

Thanks
Mike

Also this extra information came with the error :D

This error occurs when an event has failed to run because Microsoft Office Access cannot evaluate the location of the logic for the event. For example, if the OnOpen property of a form is set to =[Field], this error occurs because Access expects a macro or event name to run when the event is fired.

does this mean anything to anyone?

Thanks again
Mike

mikewood1980

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Guys

This one is resolved now - It seemed to me that somehow the form had lost the link to the VBA code so I created a new button and created an event for that and everything started working again - Bizarre!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom