Form Controlling Sub Form (1 Viewer)

ranjah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:14
Hi all,

I have a database which is being used for storing name, order #, part number and serial to that part number.

Name and Order Number is setup on the main form, part number and Serial Number is setup on the sub form. I have many users that use this database and I have recently noticed a problem which I need your help with:

If a user chooses his/her name and enters order number and then accidentally closes the database, then the database stores it like that, with just name and order number. The problem with that is that I want each user to enter the rest of the info as well. For example, if they enter name and order number then they have to enter at least one part number and one serial before they can exit.

To fix the problem I went ahead and made part number and serial in the sub form required but that didn’t help at all.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Attachments

• FFVT1.zip
    64.6 KB · Views: 103

le888

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:14
Can not read your database...

Le

ranjah

Registered User.
Local time
you need winzip to extract it. If thats what you meant?

le888

Registered User.
Local time
I have extract your database but after I can not read it. I open it but it said unknown data.

Le

ranjah

Registered User.
Local time
works fine here i have just extracted it.

le888

Registered User.
Local time
I have Access 2000, what is your version?

Le

ranjah

Registered User.
Local time
its 2003 are you sure you have access installed properly??

le888

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, my version is 2000, so I can not read your version. So, save your database in version 2000 than I can read it.

Le

ranjah

Registered User.
Local time
here you go in 2000 format now
thanks

Attachments

• db1.zip
    100.5 KB · Views: 95

le888

Registered User.
Local time
Try this...

Le

Attachments

• db1.zip
    107.5 KB · Views: 95

ranjah

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the attachment, here is the porblem with this one, After i enter name and then ordernumber then if i try to go to next record it stops me which is fine but then if i want to enter anything on subform i simply cant. Or if i enter subform first then when i enter name and order in the main form subform data disapears right away.
Thanks

ansentry

Access amateur
Local time
Today, 21:14
I have had a look at your db1.

Your say;
After i enter name and then ordernumber
I can find anywhere that you can enter a "Name", you have customerID in the table (as a required field) but it does not appear on the form. When I enter data into the Main form and the subform and then try and close I get an error saying it can't find a customerid.

I can find no purpose for the "Filter".

Have a look at my attachment, it will not allow a record to be saved without an entry in the subform (or the other way around). I would suggest that you change my code to give the user choices e.g close main save data when no data in subform or undo main form data entry when not data in subform (form closes nothing saved)

Have a look at the sufrom and you will see how to display information but not store it in a table (e.g.price)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom