Form design HELP (1 Viewer)

ian_ok

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:40
Hi all,

my first time using the new layout - quite snappy!

Anyhow it has been a while since I did a d/b project and need a bit of help.

I have a menu page with command buttons on the left hand side, when one is clicked (say A) I want the right hand side to display the A menu section with command buttons.

Each menu button has 15+ sub menu buttons.

I don't want to close this main menu down at all, how is best to set this out.

I also need the focus to be kept on the submenu until it is closed or other.

1. By opening the (A) submenu section and moving it to the desired area?

2. By using (A) submenu as a subform and then use visible or not. (not too keen on this as they could be lots submenus to deal with)

Any other suggestions

Thanks

Ian

Last edited:

Emohawk

What a wicked mullet...
Local time
Today, 01:40
If you need to have the buttons on the left why not set it up as a toolbar using iconic buttons. I'd then have a seperate form for each set of buttons... if you've got 15 buttons per command button then that adds up to a lot of buttons on one form.

An alternative is to have a host of generic buttons and write a function that renames the caption. When the command button is clicked it hides any surplus buttons renames the visible ones and when the generic buttons are clicked it checks which command button was clicked last and performs the appropriate task.

Another idea is instead of having command buttons setup and tabed pages... Click on the right tab button to flick to the right series of buttons.

Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom