Form Search! (1 Viewer)

b0gdan

Me
Local time
Today, 12:06
Hi
Can anyone can help me with a search algorithm?....
I have a form with multiple controls (textboxes and comboboxes). In one combobox i have 3 values: legal entity, employee and and individual. Basing this values another subform appear for the search: for the person a search can be by its name or ss#; for the employee the search can be for by its contract number and name, etc.
I have a button "search". I need a search algorithm based on the values entered in text or comboboxes. The result of the searc will be displayed in another form containing as list with 6 columns containing data about files e.g a file for a employee can have: name,number,data,status,etc and this values are displayed basing on the values entered in those controls.

Tezcatlipoca

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:06
Take a look at my download in this thread. Read my post carefully for instructions on how to bypass the security when you want to look at the code, but try out the Search button I have in the database. It allows you to enter full or partial information and have matching records filter into a list which can then be double clicked to open.

Hopefully this is what you need, and if you need any more help on how the code works, feel free to PM me.

b0gdan

Me
Local time
Today, 12:06
Thanks

Thank you, i will take a closer look at that example. If i will have questions i will PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom