Form to run different queries (1 Viewer)

Number11

Local time
Today, 09:32
So i need to have a form to run different queries depending on the week number selected

Please Select week No: (01-41)

If then week number 01 is selected it would run query providing the data for just that week no

Reports_0 (which contains weeks 01-03 data) have to split as the data is too large

Report_1 (which contains weeks 04-06 and so on?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
have to ask, why do you need separate queries for each week? why not just include a criteria to limit the returned results to that week? Then you only need the one query.

Or are you saying you have too much data so have separate tables - in which case presumably they are in separate databases since there is no benefit in have separate tables in the same database.

But to answer your question - perhaps use a case statement

Code:
Select Case weekSelected
    case 1,2, 3
       'run a query for these weeks
    case 3,4,5
etc

end select

Number11

Local time
have to ask, why do you need separate queries for each week? why not just include a criteria to limit the returned results to that week? Then you only need the one query.

Or are you saying you have too much data so have separate tables - in which case presumably they are in separate databases since there is no benefit in have separate tables in the same database.

But to answer your question - perhaps use a case statement

Code:
Select Case weekSelected
    case 1,2, 3
    case 3,4,5
etc

end select
the data tables are too big and i did union them, but it takes hours to run so need to change to individual queries

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If it is slow, it is probably due to one or more of poor table design, lack of indexing or query design. The fact you are using a union query points to poor table design although there are occasions when they are required.

A client of mine had a query which they had to run overnight because it took so long - with a few adjustments I got the time down to a few minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom