Former Climate Change Alarmist Reveals Corruption Within the Scientific Community (2 Viewers)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 11:23
Since my prior post, there is an additional water issue, groundwater. Groundwater, like hydrocarbon resources, can initially appear endless. Especially when you have low populations. But drip by drip, that resource can be used-up in response to ever greater demands for that resource, such as growing grain to feed people not only in the US but also feeding the growing population in Africa. Below is a randomly picked article that discusses groundwater depletion. The depletion of groundwater resources is perhaps more serious than than all the excessive government mandates that we adjust our living style to minimize our carbon footprint to prevent so-called global climate change. The current climate change craze is a misplaced fad that ignores many resource and environmental concerns.

Farmers are depleting the Ogallala Aquifer because the government pays them to do it.
A slow-moving crisis threatens the U.S. Central Plains, which grow a quarter of the nation’s crops. Underground, the region’s lifeblood – water – is disappearing, placing one of the world’s major food-producing regions at risk.
But farmers are pulling water out of the Ogallala faster than rain and snow can recharge it. Between 1900 and 2008 they drained some 89 trillion gallons from the aquifer – equivalent to two-thirds of Lake Erie. Depletion is threatening drinking water supplies and undermining local communities already struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic, the opioid crisis, hospital closures, soaring farm losses and rising suicide rates.

Last edited:

ebs17

Local time
Today, 17:23
but population control
A first step could be to limit waste.
Las Vegas: In a desert where there is nothing, including no water, a city is being built that is still growing dynamically. It's true that some people earn a lot of money there, but ecologically it's a catastrophe.

I am an atheist (godless). But how do believers feel about the world? Go ahead and do whatever you want with God's creation, that's okay? Or was there something about humility and gratitude for what you were given?

I can also confirm the groundwater problem from my own experience here in Central Europe - and we were blessed with a lot of water.

Lakes fed by groundwater have declining water levels. Heat pumps whose probes have been laid close to the surface to equalize the temperature and are therefore dependent on groundwater for operation are no longer operational and become scrap. A new heater is needed for the winter.

Last edited:

ebs17

Local time
According to your logic
You're stammering stupid things. You don't know me, not my views, not my logic.
You accuse me of nonsense and then go on it.
It's your own foam that you're whipping up!

The good nuclear power. Everyone likes it, but no one likes the final radioactive waste. But wait, Pat is the first to use her front yard as a final storage facility, and all the neighbors applaud enthusiastically.
The final radioactive waste is a bet for the next million years that no one wants to honor.
A nuclear power plant is a weapon, just as a fully fueled airliner can be a weapon. We Europeans are also concerned about the war in Ukraine because of the nuclear power plants. But the armed citizens of the USA don't need external enemies at all, there is enough hatred and delusion and different interests within their own population.

I'm sure you also haven't noticed that CO2 emissions in the US have been steadily dropping while China and India have become major polluters?
And what does that mean? The trend for the USA is good, but it is hardly caused by those who do not believe in man-made climate change.
During COVID times with many restrictions, the measured values for fine dust in large cities in Germany were finally in the desired lower ranges, but this can hardly be said to be a permanent situation. Now traffic is moving again and many have to make up for financial losses.

Give the absolute figures for CO2 emissions, as well as the per capita figures, and blow the trumpet just as loudly.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Except they'll have no water to grow crops with.
But I thought all the glaciers were melting? We do have technology to convert salt water to fresh. Are we allowed to use that? Maybe not if it uses fossil fuel.
I don't trust YouTube as a source of credible information.
How about when you agree with the video:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
A first step could be to limit waste.
Your standard of living depends on having the ability to waste!!! :)

Without the ability to waste, McDonalds would not be able to package its food for you. The food packaging only has a lifespan of maybe one minute between wrapping and unwrapping. What about cows? It is "wasteful" according to some people to get your protein through cows. To reduce energy consumption, maybe houses should only be warmed to +50 degrees Fahrenheit in winter with no air-conditioning allowed during the summer. The elimination of these types of "waste" will make life very uncomfortable.

Las Vegas is an ecological disaster. Theoretically, Las Vegas could be closed down with all the industries located there distributed to more environmentally suitable areas. But this is a case: where something that shouldn't exist, exists; not much can be done now.

I can also confirm the groundwater problem from my own experience here in Central Europe - and we were blessed with a lot of water.

Are you sure? You reminded me of the destruction of the Aral Sea. Quote below from Wikipedia.
Formerly the fourth-largest lake in the world with an area of 68,000 km2 (26,300 sq mi), the Aral Sea began shrinking in the 1960s after the rivers that fed it were diverted by Soviet irrigation projects. By 2007, it had declined to 10% of its original size, splitting into four lakes: the North Aral Sea, the eastern and western basins of the once far larger South Aral Sea, and the smaller intermediate Barsakelmes Lake.[5] By 2009, the southeastern lake had disappeared and the southwestern lake had retreated to a thin strip at the western edge of the former southern sea. In subsequent years occasional water flows have led to the southeastern lake sometimes being replenished to a small degree.[6] Satellite images by NASA in August 2014 revealed that for the first time in modern history the eastern basin of the Aral Sea had completely dried up.[7][8] The eastern basin is now called the Aralkum Desert.

Took a quick internet look-up of the Caspian Sea. These satellite images show the Caspian Sea's shrinking coast line. Surprisingly, this reference does not identify what they believe to be be reason for the loss of water.
Research suggests that the level of the lake has been dropping for some time, as the chart below shows. These dropping levels are bad news for planet and people. For example, the Caspian Sea is the world's largest spawning ground for sturgeon and is home to the Caspian Seal - the only marine mammal that lives there.

Last edited:

ebs17

Local time
@Steve R.
With McDonalds (and others) you hit a sore spot for me.

For me it is culture to eat from a plate with a knife and fork. It is bad culture to hide food in cardboard or plastic.
In addition, food can be placed next to each other on a plate. You don't have to stuff a 6-inch-high burger into your mouth like a pig.
For me it is culture to drink coffee from a cup - there used to be coffee houses where you went specifically. It's bad culture to have your coffee poured into a plastic cup and run around with it.

You can wash your knife, fork, plate and cup and use them a thousand times before they become trash. The washing water without nasty chemicals is good feed for compost and garden. Something like this is called a circular economy.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:23
Climate change is always happening and whichever way it goes (warmer/colder); can be expected to adversely impact plant/animal life to some extent and that happens all the time. The dinosaurs are no longer with us, as one example.
There are no geological records that show anything like the rate of change we are currently experiencing. Dinosaurs were most likely victims of a massive change caused by the impact of a meteor.

If humans are no longer here because of climate change, Mother Nature will not care.
All very well from someone who has lived most of their life. "It won't affect me" is what really drives the denial.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
but it is hardly caused by those who do not believe in man-made climate change.
You are assuming that the same people who disagree with humans being the proximate cause of "climate change" also believe that humans are NOT the proximate cause of most of the world's pollution. Another silly assumption. Pollution is a problem we can and should focus on. Again, I see dramatic improvements in pollution reduction in the US in the past 50 years. Although large Democrat controlled cities in the US are becoming cesspools again.
Give the absolute figures for CO2 emissions, as well as the per capita figures, and blow the trumpet just as loudly.
That's pretty silly. Chances are excellent that German CO2 emissions dwarf those of Malta and Fiji.

A nuclear power plant is a weapon, just as a fully fueled airliner can be a weapon.
So are a car, a bicycle, a flashlight, and a piece of strong string among thousands of other classes of objects. They are also extremely useful tools. Should we ban them with the nuclear reactors because some evil or stupid person could deliberately or accidentally use them to injure others? We won't even discuss the damage that can be done to humans and animal life by solar collectors and windmills;) Forget about all the dead birds, windmills seem to be killing off whales at an alarming rate.

But wait, Pat is the first to use her front yard as a final storage facility, and all the neighbors applaud enthusiastically.
Why would you think that disposing of any kind of waste in the middle of a city makes any kind of sense at all? Do you pee in your own bed? I'm pretty sure you would be just as unhappy to have a city dump in your front yard as nuclear waste. The good and moral people of Cape Cod refuse to allow windmills to be built within sight of their multi-million dollar beach houses. Would you criticize them? I would since that is an actual case of NIMBYism rather than the false case you are suggesting. And let's not forget the good and moral people of the sanctuary island of Martha's Vineyard who couldn't make room in their lives for the illegal aliens they invited in so they called in the National Guard to have them remove the trash. And since Barack Hussein Obama has an obscenely large waterfront home on the island, the Guard showed up in record time. Seems like Martha's Vineyard is not at all in danger from rising seawater but illegal aliens are a clear and present danger. Why would a "believer" like Obama spend all that money on a home that according to Greta will be under water in a year or so? Maybe he has good insurance. The people you think of as truthers don't believe any of the crap they sold you. Watch what they do rather than what they say.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There are no geological records that show anything like the rate of change we are currently experiencing.
How about the HUGE 10 degree rise in temperature that abruptly ended the last ice age????

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:23
How about the HUGE 10 degree rise in temperature that abruptly ended the last ice age????
Climate change doesn't bother me. As I'm a pensioner, I'll be dead before (or if) things get bad. The next generation will deal with it.
Col

ebs17

Local time
That's pretty silly. Chances are excellent that German CO2 emissions dwarf those of Malta and Fiji.
I don't brag without reflection that the numbers have fallen for a short period of time.
As I said: Absolute numbers are more credible and meaningful.
I would assign Malta to the standard of living in Western Europe.

Last edited:

Mike Krailo

Local time
This whole subject is so boring. Now that movie Nowhere on Netflix was more interesting in that the solution to dwindling resources was killing off all old people and pregnant women. Children didn't fair well in that movie either.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Climate Change deniers are a perfect example of this;
Maybe you should read the rebuttal posts again. I do not believe there is a single "Climate Change" denier posting in the thread. If humans didn't cause that huge 10 degree temperature change that ended the last ice age, what did? I believe you are the one who is blind to science and are completely ignoring ANY possibility that NATURAL events have anything whatsoever to do with the continuing climate change of planet earth. Yes, the increase in CO2 may be contributing to some warming but is it 100% responsible meaning that WE are the only ones who can stop the rise? Prove it to me. Show me how humans caused the last ice age. Show me how they caused the ice sheet to disappear. STOP trying to stifle dissenting opinions. That is not the way science works. Science works when honest researchers do honest research and are allowed to publish said research without being cancelled. Eventually,we work out the truth. Eureka, the Earth is not flat after all!!! Cigarettes are not good for asthma!!! I don't care how many doctors recommend Camels.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
@Galaxiom: Climate is always changing. There are billions of years of evidence for this. The "climate change" cult propose bogus solutions to solve the issue of "climate change" (while the cult leaders generate CO2 by flying their private jets all over the world). Based on the claimed human activity as the cause, you need to reduce human activity, meaning reduce the population of the earth. Simply reducing CO2 emissions is a farce. Which also raises the question: What is the correct temperature of the earth? Also consider this, if you reduce C02 emission by 10% and the world population grows by 10% you have achieved nothing. (except promoting more environmental damage, such as destroying groundwater aquifers. The Ogallala Aquifer would still be depleted.) The "climate change" cultists are proposing bogus solutions for their selfish anthropocentric lifestyle. Climate cultism is a scam. It is not designed to save the planet's environment.

ebs17

Local time
Show me how they caused the ice sheet to disappear.
So it's scientific to put you and Neanderthals (typical inhabitants of the ice edge) on the same level in terms of their abilities?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Climate change doesn't bother me. As I'm a pensioner, I'll be dead before (or if) things get bad. The next generation will deal with it.
Col
Spot on! All this back and forth will accomplish NOTHING save give us something to bitch about. No matter what the truth is, I will not be around to deal with it.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
No matter what the truth is, I will not be around to deal with it.
Are you sure you want to phrase it that way? According to the world renowned climate expert, AOC, the world will end in 2031. You will last, I hope, until then.:unsure:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:23
Not as abrupt as what is going on now.

Moreover, that rapid change was most likey caused when a sudden increase in carbon dioxide levels (on the scale of the change humans have made in the past several decades) resulted in multiple positive feed back cycles raising the temperature over several centuries.

The difference is that the onset of these interglacials happened when temperatures were much lower. Periodicity of the past six glaciation cycles suggests the Earth would soon be heading into another glaciation rather than another rapid temperature rise as is now underway. Hence the favourite quip of the anthropogenic climate change deniers (happy that I have used the full title now?) that scientists used to talk about a new ice age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom