Forms locking database for editing (1 Viewer)

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 20:35
I’m having a problem where I open a couple of forms in my database and then I am no longer able to edit the forms (in design mode) – I get the message “You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time…”

I’m running the database on my local drive. There are no networked tables involved.

I’ve noticed that when I open the first bound form, the laccdb file appears and the contents shows my user ID which is what I would expect being the user. However, when I open a second bound form (any bound form), the laccdb then shows my user ID twice. I think this might be the problem but I don’t know what’s causing it.

The laccdb actually shows:

Code:
USERID123              Admin            USERID123          admin

Is there any significance of the upper/lower case of admin?

Setup is Access 2007 on Windows XP.

Chris

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Have you found the culprit Chris?

It might be an idea to change how many Access processes are running when that happens.

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Have you found the culprit Chris?
No. I had to give up and import everything to a blank database which at least solved the problem swiftly.

It might be an idea to change how many Access processes are running when that happens.
Did you mean "change" or did you mean "check"? I check if Access was running more than once and it wasn't (checked in task manager too).

Chris

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Weird behaviour. I've not encountered that error before.

I meant check ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom