Front end? (1 Viewer)

rossjackson01

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:17
Hello. I am new to Access, began to learn only recently. I can build tables, reports, forms etc. I'm using 'Learning Zone'.

However I do have one question.

Having built a database and made a 'front end' form (switchboard) for people to enter data without having to get to the working of database. I can find no instruction in to making just the form visible on entry.

When I open Access I enter the workings of the database, ok for me. But Mr, Miss or Mrs employee do not build, just need to input.

Poor English I know. But all a user needs is the front end visible on opening up the database (Switchboard). How can I arrange this please?

Many Thanks

Ross

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
hi rossjackson01

You can set the start up form in the Current Database settings of the Options menu/pane. What version of Access are you using.

rossjackson01

Registered User.
Local time
Wow! what a prompt reply. Thank you. I am using Access 2010.

Looking at the options. it's obvious to me I have jumped in, instead of walking before running, never mind diving and swimming. As you have gently hinted, and I appreciate.

I have found this so interesting. Can't see me ever being able to use it commercially as I am mid 60s and starting late. But, it is so good.

Regards

Ross

Isskint

Slowly Developing
Local time
Hey, we all learn in our own ways :D me, i just jumped in an figured out how to do by learning what did not do :p

In access 2010
Click the File tab, and then under Help, click Options.
Click Current Database.
Under Application Options, in the Display Form list, select the form that you want to display when the database starts.

rossjackson01

Registered User.
Local time
Isskint

Thank you for the information. Worked well. However, back to learning.

Have a good weekend

Regards

Ross

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
ross

generally even as the designer, you don't want to be working directly with the tables when you are USING the database.

obviously you need them to maintain the functionality, but everybody should work with the data through the forms and reports that form the interface.

rossjackson01

Registered User.
Local time
What an excellent forum. Very impressed with the contact and friendliness of the members. Thank you

Regards

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom