Genital mutilation.... (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 09:59
If you haven't stirred the muddy waters of the internet enough (no pun intended), to understand that the gay sex scene is many times more dangerous than the hetero one, all I can say on that is "ask your Dad" ... I'm not going to get into something that's fairly visible to most people - there are a zillion other studies showing that people who grow up in nuclear families are many times more likely to be successful, happy, avoid poverty, avoid prison, etc., but you are convinced of your way and you seek apparently even Biblical (despite being an atheist) justifications for it - interesting

Last edited:

jpl458

Local time
I don't believe that I commented on that subject other than "Well Said" to one of Doc's posts.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:59
I seek Biblical justifications because I know you would at least hesitate for a moment to consider them, @Isaac. It's a way to get your attention, perhaps. Besides, until I lost my faith at around age 35, I was a Methodist and actually studied the Bible. That's how I know a lot of what is in it. I never memorized it like some people do (and I'm not suggesting that YOU do) but I know a lot of the stories.

The "gay sex scene" is neither more nor less violent than the "hetero sex scene." It is the variants such as the "rough sex" crowd, BDSM, and the many kinds of drug-assisted groups that are dangerous. And THOSE crowds exist and ARE INDEED dangerous. But I have known many gays who were not at all into the seriously nasty stuff. They want a more tranquil relationship. You are therefore generalizing a bit over-broadly.

jpl458

Local time
Disney executive has TWO kids with Gender issues.

Listen to Jordan Peterson put it in perspective!

The problem is that those kids associate way too much with cartoon characters that don't have genitals. I believe that my answer is just as accurate as the guy's in the video. I also have a fondness for the green M&M toon.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The problem is that those kids associate way too much with cartoon characters that don't have genitals. I believe that my answer is just as accurate as the guy's in the video. I also have a fondness for the green M&M toon.

May be off topic, but I remember when Robin Williams was the guest for "Inside the Actor's Studio" and the host quickly lost control of the session. At one point, Robin commented on some of the ad-libs he made while doing the voice of the genie in Aladdin. He didn't say what triggered this response, but the Disney "censor" had to remind him, "Mr. Williams, the mouse doesn't have genitals."

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:59
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was one of my favorites

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:59
Apparently, this transgendered convict who killed someone - currently in a woman's prison - now identifies as a baby. Is it not illegal to have a baby in prison? How can the justice system get away with it!

...demands nappies, baby food and a dummy in her prison cell

I'm a baby!

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Apparently, this transgendered convict who killed someone - currently in a woman's prison - now identifies as a baby. Is it not illegal to have a baby in prison? How can the justice system get away with it!

I'm a baby!

Demands a dummy in her prison cell? Hate to tell her this, but the dummy is already in the cell.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The "gay sex scene" is neither more nor less violent than the "hetero sex scene." It is the variants such as the "rough sex" crowd, BDSM, and the many kinds of drug-assisted groups that are dangerous. And THOSE crowds exist and ARE INDEED dangerous. But I have known many gays who were not at all into the seriously nasty stuff. They want a more tranquil relationship. You are therefore generalizing a bit over-broadly
I did not mean the gay sex scene is necessarily more violent. It is, however, far more promiscuous.
And just to repeat, I'm generalizing here. I also know gays who are in long committed marriages, and heterosexual people who are extremely promiscuous.

I just mean in general, the gay community tends to emphasize tryst-ing for the sole purpose of having sex with relative strangers, groups, etc., far more than the heterosexual scene. It's just the way it is, I'm not necessarily sure exactly why, although I have of course my opinions.

Surely you wouldn't deny this as a general observation? Not sure how anyone can 'not' see this, if you've lived in a variety of cities, communities, seen a variety of webpages and strolled through predominantly gay neighborhoods.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I did not mean the gay sex scene is necessarily more violent. It is, however, far more promiscuous.

More promiscuous than, say, Hollywood? Isaac, I live in New Orleans, which IS a gay-friendly city. It is also a party city. Before I got married I visited a lot of places trying to hook up with someone. I have to say that I cannot confirm your opinion based on the people I know and the places I have seen. But then again, there is this little question that has to be asked. In order for you to have formed such an opinion, were you trying at the time to be your brother's keeper by intruding into private lives, or perhaps being voyeuristic? OR were you the victim of confirmation bias, in which you see what you expected to see BECAUSE you expected to see it, whereas someone else lacking that bias would not have even raised an eyebrow? And I'll ask another question... promiscuity occurs because of folks who don't want to form deeper relationships. Is there perhaps a form of societal pressure on gays that would make their relationships less stable because of external opinions? Nature vs. nurture, of course.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
More promiscuous than, say, Hollywood?

No. Remember, again, I said I was generalizing. If I am generalizing across the whole population, how could I have been referring to Hollywood? And frankly, I don't really know how Hollywood people behave in promiscuity compared to the average. I know they all seem to have 3+ spouses and 50% of their children end up self-identifying as a non-traditional sexuality, but that's another point you're helping me make for another day...

One thing for striving towards 100% intellectual honesty (we are all on the spectrum somewhere, but nobody perfect), is that even in topics where you have a certain 'loyalty' to, or are protective of in some contexts (for good reason perhaps), Yet...You still have to be willing to hear someone generalize across a population, considering only whether that generalization is actually Truthful, even if it is Negative.

For example. I personally am a firm believer in a loving, mature, emotionally-disciplined Parent providing physical discipline to their children.

Yet, if you wanted to assert that "to generalize across all parents who hit their children, there is more inappropriate violence than not", I would be receptive to that, although it stings, and although I hate to admit it. (but not really - I know full well that loving discipline is totally different, and yes, is perceived by a child totally different, than angry unpredictable or unwarranted violence.

@The_Doc_Man I'm going to tell you the same thing you've graciously told me at times. I respect the cogs that are your patient, iterative, historical and fact-based philosophical mental machine .... But I feel comfortable saying that if you and I were able to randomly sample 500 self-identified gay men, they themselves would agree with my interpretation and observation and at least state that they 'believe' (how would we definitely measure? but at least they have the same impression)......that taken on average, as a whole, the gay population is more promiscuous than the straight one.

The carefully planned, almost fastidiously designed networks existing for the sole purpose of total strangers getting together on short notice for nothing but 15 minutes of sex existing in the gay community long before there was Grindr and Tinder.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
But then again, there is this little question that has to be asked. In order for you to have formed such an opinion, were you trying at the time to be your brother's keeper by intruding into private lives, or perhaps being voyeuristic? OR were you the victim of confirmation bias, in which you see what you expected to see BECAUSE you expected to see it, whereas someone else lacking that bias would not have even raised an eyebrow?

Well, that's a somewhat iffy question to ask, but I'll believe the best that your intentions are not to take a cheap shot or embarass me by trying to force me to "tell your secrets or else you lose this argument", because you do have a little bit of a point in wondering how I got my opinion.

And I suppose I could ask you the same thing.

However, if your opinion in the argument is based exclusively on NON-sordid, then doesn't that bias your conclusion exactly as much as it biases mine, quite probably in the opposite direction?

But, in the interest of as much straightforward exchange as seems reasonable, let's just say that like most people, I've had my dalliances in life. And, perhaps unlike most people but like some, I've had particular difficulties that, while they were not sexual in nature, they definitely had me rubbing shoulders with a lot of wild places and people. I picked up a lot of information during that time based on where I went, what I read, who I had to see. It exposed me to a world of all kinds of vices and underground things. One thing became clear to me fast....the gay community's active networks of sex-only schemes outweigh anything straight people have created, or would probably feel comfortable with. I don't particularly blame them, I think there is a perfectly good explanation for it. Straights and gays probably want about the same contents of life, on the whole. However, straight people cannot engage in sex with major safety concerns - usually the female more concerned with exploitation, deception and assault than the male. However, gays can engage in this without that paradigm, as they are of the same gender and tend to start out from a slightly more equal footing. Thus, nature takes its course. They can take advantage of a paradigm for sex that others just can't do.

I suppose this is kind of like the age-old "massage parlor" dispute.

You had the guy who shot up one of those back-alley asian massage parlors in the news a year or two back, citing some kind of frustration with a sex addiction. You had CNN running articles bemoaning the awful Racism, Sexism, Asian-ism, and any other 'ism they could think of, to think that a white man DARE make such a conclusion about this parlor that he, by all accounts, hadn't been to himself. Trying to convince their readers that such a conclusion made no sense at all, and that, Rare were such parlors, by God! You had a lot of men probably reading that article mumbling...what in the world are they talking about? Clearly they've never participated, or they would know that probably 90% of them actually are sex workers. Of course these same readers can't exactly muse verbally their opinion at the dinner table, now can they?
I think you get the point.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I suppose a shorter way to say this would have been: See how long it takes you to find me 50 straight girls who are willing to engage in situations where they head somewhere to meet a total stranger for 15 minutes for sex.

Now see about the opposite.

Or ask your gay friends/relatives that exact question, infer something from their response. Don't tell them anything about the context of the question or my beliefs .. just the question.

jpl458

Local time
There are four essential elements that an effective paragraph should consistently contain: unity, coherence, a topic sentence, and sufficient development. In order for a paragraph to maintain a sense of unity, the paragraph must focus solely on a single idea, point, or argument that is being discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom