Getusername function

Like I said earlier, once I told them they no longer need to remember a password, they were all very happy.
Like I said. You don't need a password just because you use a login form and I never said you did. In fact, I said you didn't. If you use one, they get to pick it so they'll remember it. It is simply better security.

And I also do it your way but if I actually want to implement security, I do it my way. My choice isn't random.

And I also do it your way but if I actually want to implement security, I do it my way. My choice isn't random.
My choice also depends on the client requirements and environments, but rarely for my convenience.

but rarely for my convenience.
Testing is important enough that you do it properly. Changing security settings on the fly can never be a valid method. Think about it. You build the security in your test environment to begin with. Then to test it you have to change it? Not a good plan. What if you forget and don't fix it before moving to production.

Last edited:
Testing is important enough that you do it properly. Changing security settings on the fly can never be a valid method. Think about it. You build the security in your test environment to begin with. Then to test it you have to change it? Not a good plan. What if you forget and don't fix it before moving to production.
I can use more than one test plan, right? Like, one for each group or scenario? It's not that hard to add a step in the test plan to modify my membership, is it? Also, do you really consider moving a user from one security group as actually changing a security settings? If I add a new user to the system, am I changing security settings then?

Last edited:
Time out guys, please? :(

This dialogue has been going on since post #18, and the dialogue has just been between the two of you. We are now at #45. :(

Can we please just agree to disagree? :)

Time out guys, please? :(

This dialogue has been going on since post #18, and the dialogue has just been between the two of you. We are now at #45. :(

Can we please just agree to disagree? :)
No problem. Apologies to the OP. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom