Great interface design sells applications. (1 Viewer)

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 00:25
It'll be available tomorrow morning. The transcripts and translations should be generated by then, or shortly after it goes live. If you don't mind, I am trying something new.

YouTube supposedly translates--using machine translation. So I asked for four languages. If you can, please take a look and provide comments on how good a job it did. I know, I know, you didn't sign up for home-work....
YouTube has completed the original English transcription and is working on the others.

Mike Krailo

Local time
Today, 03:25
I'm trying to recreate those fancy tool tips that were demo'd. Is there a sample database available? One of the questions I have is for the icons in design view, is there a label that is wrapped around groups of icons that is used as the trigger for the tool tips or is it just the image control itself? That was a bit confusing for me so if anyone has insight on this, let me know.

UPDATE: Never mind, I see now that it is the name of the image control that is used in the tool tip function. It was the way he named it that threw me off. Still would be nice to have a demo database though.

Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 00:25
You can reach out to Greg and see what he can share. His email is in the last part of the video.

Mike Krailo

Local time
OK, thanks George. I didn't get to the end of the video yet since I'm still picking apart the section on tool tips.

Mike Krailo

Local time
I was able to contact Greg and he was able to fill in the other details to the code used to create these awesome tool tips. I still can't quite get it working though due to his version of the code is for 32bit access and I need it to work on 64bit access. If anyone has any ideas on how to at least get the code to compile on 64bit access it would be much appreciated. I already added in the PrtSafe into the declarations, but there is still a line of code that just doesn't want to compile due to "Compile Error: Type Mismatch". I attached the database. This might work fine on a 32bit system, but I need it on 64bit access.

EDIT: I was able to get it working after realizing that I forgot to update the Long to LongPtr in the parts that needed that. I have updated the code and reuploaded the corrected version if anyone else in interesting in tool tips.

Code:
80        TimerID = SetTimer(Application.hWndAccessApp, ObjPtr(Me), Me.CurrentInterval, AddressOf MyTimerProc)

Attachments

• FancyToolTips3.zip
    125.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:25
hi Mike, try this version.

Attachments

• FancyToolTips4.zip
    172.4 KB · Views: 89

Mike Krailo

Local time
Yea, I got it working Minty before you posted. I forgot about the LongPtr variables in there. Thanks for looking at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom