Greetingz (1 Viewer)

Busterz

Local time
Today, 12:21
Calling all you Access Guru's!!

Long time reader, first time writer!

This Access stuff is pretty cool; still trying to wrap my head around it.

I've challenged myself with creating a database for a small project where I'm ordering many of the same items on PO's but on each PO, I've coded them to different cost centers as each item is for a different area within the major project. This helps with letting me know how much $$$ I've spent on a part of the project.

So, each item I've ordered - had an initial date when these items were required to be delivered. It's similar to building a house with many doors inside. For example, house #1, it required 10 doors, House #2, required 15 doors, and House #3 required 12 doors. These houses were going to be build in this order, but because of (?) reasons, the build order has now been changed and I'm trying to utilize Access to help me figure out based on delivery dates of the doors, which house can be built first and when. As you can see, I'm trying to identify - based on all the multiple components, which house can be built first and let my housing builder know which house can be built first. Materials can be 'swapped' between houses, as the materials are interchangeable, but I cannot change my PO's as these have been issued to vendors already. I'm obviously not building a house as who would have he same doors, light fixtures, flooring etc., but I figured that it would be a good analogy.

Once I know that, then I have to 'commit' that inventory to the required BOM for building my 'house' which would diminish my inventory and then look again at the PO's showing me which 'house' I can build next and when that can start. I need to keep doing this for all the houses that need to be built and provide my builder dates as to when they can start each house. I also will need to provide reports to my builder so I can keep them updated as to when we can start construction and have my purchaser update promised delivery dates as vendors provide them dates as to when materials will be delivered.

Perhaps someone out there has crossed the same dilemma I've described here or has read a thread similar to this and can either point me in a direction or offer some advice.

Anyway, thanks for reading and here's hoping that I don't exasperate myself by trying to figure this out.:banghead:

As someone commented in here - 90% of the solution is asking the right question! How true.:D

Take Care All!!

Lorne

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom