Growing Totalarianism in Canada (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 13:33

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau expressed support for Chinese protestors demonstrating against government lockdowns, despite calling protests in his own country “worrisome.”
Yet when it comes to protests in Canada.
A few days prior, Trudeau said that Canadian protesters demonstrating for policy change is “worrisome” at the Emergencies Act inquiry Friday, according to the Post Millennial. He said protests should be used to “get messages out” and to oppose things such as “shutting down safe injection sites or something.”
So arresting people protesting excessive government policies is somehow upholding a "robust, functioning democracy"????. :mad:
“I think we have a robust, functioning democracy. Protests, public protests are an important part of making sure we’re getting messages out there and Canadians are getting messages out there and highlighting how the feel on various issues. Using protests to demand changes of public policy is something that I think is worrisome,” Trudeau said.
Going a step further; Trudeau wants to "cripple" the people arrested with criminal records. Not very nice.
He also threatened to impose criminal records against protesters that would be a detriment to their “job” and “livelihood.”
Quite incredulous that both Trudeau and Biden are claiming that democracy has to be "protected" by tossing protestors that they do not like in jail. Straight out of Orwell.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Even Orwell was not that Orwellian:( Where are those feckless pieces of dog poo Republicans when you need them?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Where are those feckless pieces of dog poo Republicans when you need them?
Good question. They must live in an alternate reality where they seem oblivious (immune?) to the pseudo "French Revolution" swirling around them denigrating Western culture. I guess, their egotistical self-interest simply subjugates any supposed commitment to keeping Western culture alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom