Happy Barry be good

ColinEssex said:
I understood my CD was going well in the USA - people tell me they hear it everyday when driving to work:D Col

You wouldn't believe the promo costs....and the price of petrol going up too. I've had to abandon the limo and fly everywhere.:D

ColinEssex said:
I understand the mega money thing. That "assistant" you sent me was very expensive:eek: Col

Only the best for my star client:D Did you enjoy her speciality?;)

BarryMK said:
Only the best for my star client:D Did you enjoy her speciality?;)
I was under the impression she was to be paid out of the company - not my pocket:rolleyes:

Col

ColinEssex said:
I understood my CD was going well in the USA - people tell me they hear it everyday when driving to work:D

I understand the mega money thing. That "assistant" you sent me was very expensive:eek:

Col

You mean it's made it to the USA!!! ;) :D

ColinEssex said:
I understood my CD was going well in the USA - people tell me they hear it everyday when driving to work:D

I understand the mega money thing. That "assistant" you sent me was very expensive:eek:

Col

Talking about CD's ... did one of you hear the new Mark Knofler/Emmelou Harrison CD, especially the track "this is us". I never was a big fan of Mrs Harrison, but found this song very good. Always liked the fingerpicking Knopfler style .

selenau837 said:
You mean it's made it to the USA!!! ;) :D
So I hear;)

Talking about CD's ... did one of you hear the new Mark Knofler/Emmelou Harrison CD, especially the track "this is us". I never was a big fan of Mrs Harrison, but found this song very good. Always liked the fingerpicking Knopfler style .

I shall look out for that it sounds good. I know Mark is into country stuff these days - I like modern country music

Col

Always been a fan of Emmylou but saw her live last year at Symphony Hall Birmingham, promoting a very third rate new album with a crummy band and awful sound. Very disappointing. The only time it came together was a quick version of Luxury Liner.

The cd should be good though

ColinEssex said:
I was under the impression she was to be paid out of the company - not my pocket

Col, I'll have our accountants look into it as soon as I get back from the beach er the conference in Mauritius...

selenau837 said:
You mean it's made it to the USA!!!

Don't you keep up with the charts Sel old girl? Perhaps you're in a remote part of the mountains or something? Sorry you missed the cd it's sold out and we don't re-press in order to keep the interest in Col at fever pitch. Try ebay but you'll be very lucky if someone is prepared to let it go.;) :D

BarryMK said:
Don't you keep up with the charts Sel old girl? Perhaps you're in a remote part of the mountains or something?

She's in America, you know how long it takes them to catch up:D

Rich said:
She's in America, you know how long it takes them to catch up:D
Whats that saying?

"The UK sneezes and the USA catches a cold"

Something like that anyway:D

I remember it took about a year or more before record executives in the USA allowed a Beatles record to be published because they felt they [Beatles] were not good enough for the USA public. But pressure from EMI (London) forced Capitol [USA]to publish and I think the popular beat combo did quite well in the USA.:D

Col

ColinEssex said:
Whats that saying?

"The UK sneezes and the USA catches a cold"

Something like that anyway:D

I remember it took about a year or more before record executives in the USA allowed a Beatles record to be published because they felt they [Beatles] were not good enough for the USA public. Col

Yeah, it was tough breaking you over there Col, but all my efforts, time and expenditure have been worth it. No longer a mere superstar - now an international megastar.:D The royalties are rolling in, mind you it'll be a little while longer before we're into profit and you get your share, but I'm sure you understand.;)

Barry, you did book Abbey Road for next week didn't you? I've had Macca on the blower, he wants to know what time to get there, and remember I've got Connick Jnr flying in to do backing vocals.

Col

ColinEssex said:
Barry, you did book Abbey Road for next week didn't you? I've had Macca on the blower, he wants to know what time to get there, and remember I've got Connick Jnr flying in to do backing vocals.

Col
Abbey Road's fully booked, you've got Alley Road instead :D

alley_offbulkroad04_2004.jpg

ColinEssex said:

Col

Macca can wait, he's just trying to cash in on your popularity. And another thing - why is Rich posting photos of his back garden?

BarryMK said:
And another thing - why is Rich posting photos of his back garden?
'Cause the front one's worse, and why didn't you remove any of it on your last collection day? :mad:

Rich said:
'Cause the front one's worse, and why didn't you remove any of it on your last collection day? :mad:

Cos I couldn't find your wheelie bin.:mad:

selenau837 said:
wheelie bin? Is that like a trash can?

Yes a dustbin on wheels
32012.jpg

Rich uses his to travel around Plymouth. His has whitewall tyres.:D

Rich the sack was your new suit.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom