Help Access Shutting down!! (1 Viewer)

KristenD

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:42
I just updated a table in my database and now anytime I go to change the work status field Access says Microsoft Access has stopped working and then shuts down and restarts and wants to save a back up. I did the same exact process to update the table in a test environment, basically a backed up version of what i am working on. And it works fine.
What is not working??

llkhoutx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:42
You database may be corrupted. I'd import all objects into a new blank database.

Anthony George

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:42
HI

I've just experienced a similar problem in Access 2003.

All of a sudden out of the blue Databases that I created and have been using OK suddenly started doing just what you said.

If I tried to add a command button on a form using the wizard for instance, the wizard would start OK but as soon as you clicked on an item the box would go grey and access would shut down. Also if I tried to click on Backup Database the same thing would happen.

So I exported all of the forms tables queries e.t.c. to a new database and exactly the same thing happened.

So I uninstalled office 2003 and reinstalled it again.

Now if i made a brand new database everything worked fine, but if I tried to use one of my old ones i still had the same problem.

I suddenly thought that as i didn't have the problem a few days ago I would try System Restore and I used a Restore point that the computer had created about a week before.

Bingo, everything was back to normal.

So I'm sorry I can't be any more help with this problem but maybe you can do the same thing.

Kind Regards

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom