Help on Open Report Where Clause. Noob Here. (1 Viewer)

chayong91

Local time
Today, 09:56
am just new in using ms access. i'm using ms access 2010. can you please help me fix this open report where clause?

whenever i run it separately like this:

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptDaily", acViewPreview, , "ReportDate = #" & txtDate.Value & "#"

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptDaily", acViewPreview, , "ReportTime Between #" & cmbHrsFrom.Value & "# And #" & cmbHrsTo.Value & "#"

this two run perfectly on it's own, but when i try to combine them by just adding "and" it's having "Run time error "13" type mismatch". i have also read some other solutions here but whenever i try something it also returns that message.

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptDaily", acViewPreview, , "ReportDate = #" & txtDate.Value & "#" And "ReportTime Between #" & cmbHrsFrom.Value & "# And #" & cmbHrsTo.Value & "#"

can you guys please help this noob. thank you! :)

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:56
Delete the quotes marked in red.

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptDaily", acViewPreview, , "ReportDate = #" & txtDate.Value & "#" And "ReportTime Between #" & cmbHrsFrom.Value & "# And #" & cmbHrsTo.Value & "#"

chayong91

Local time
holy! thank you very much! im actually having a hard time trying to understand those quotes and stuffs, maybe you got some site i can read to learn more about it?

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:56
Maybe someone has sample sites. However, it's just standard debugging.

If you had put a break point on the line of code opening the report, then in the immediate window printed the where clause it would have been obvious.

chayong91

Local time
and how can i do that? sorry am really just new in using access. ._.

chayong91

Local time
anyway i think i'll been asking too many questions. thank you very much for your help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom