Help on starting the best db ever!? (1 Viewer)

rachel_chasse

Local time
Today, 11:15
Hello! I am a new user in a new job and took on a big project too quickly. Essentially, I need to build a db for about 20 years of clinical data. For these purposes, we have participant’s demographic info and I need to connect all their extensive visit information to their demog info, and participants have differing amounts of visits. These are all in two different Excel files and I can pull them into Access w/o issue, but I don’t really know what to do with all the information once they’re resting in tables. Is a form the best way? (With one ‘page’ per participant that reveals all their extensive visit information concisely.) Any guidance would be very much appreciated! Thank so much!!

burrina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:15
Welcome to the forum. Have you done a search on building a db? In general once you have your design structure in place, you link your tables, create querie(s) and then create form(s) to enter the data and then report(s) to view that data.

Have you downloaded any examples and looked at the design? Typically you would have a main form / subform setup.

HTH

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:15
Welcome.
What is your background?
Do you have any specifications?
Who is the project manager/leader?

Jalnac74

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:15
Hi,

When I started working with Access I downloaded a couple of examples from the web and had a look at how they were put together, what they did and any code/macros that were in it. You may not work this way but it certainly worked for me.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom