Help on the table structure of a secondary school database (1 Viewer)

wabamdo

Local time
Today, 09:19
Hi guys,I am developing a Secondary school database, fees module using Microsoft access 2013.The school contains classes from Form 1 to Form 4.Some students of the school are boarders while others are day scholars.These two categories pay different school fess amount.Fees is charged to the students twice per year and different classes i.e form 1 to Form 4 pay different fees amount.Please correct my table structure below because I am getting stuck somewhere.
Thank in Advance.Any help will be appreciated very very much

Attachments

• table structure.jpg
    table structure.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 147

Solo712

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:19
Hi guys,I am developing a Secondary school database, fees module using Microsoft access 2013.The school contains classes from Form 1 to Form 4.Some students of the school are boarders while others are day scholars.These two categories pay different school fess amount.Fees is charged to the students twice per year and different classes i.e form 1 to Form 4 pay different fees amount.Please correct my table structure below because I am getting stuck somewhere.
Thank in Advance.Any help will be appreciated very very much

The most obvious issue with the tables on what you are saying is that the fees table is not reflective of the structure as you have outlined in the narrative: You need to add to the fees table:

Form (1-4)
Day Scholar/Boarder designation

Also you need to firm up your naming standards : you should use 'academic year' or 'class year', and 'form' or 'class', not both . It is not clear if these terms overlap completely or partially. At any rate, if you want to lookup the fees (and invoice amounts) through the Student table, it needs to indicate the Form the student belongs to and whether he/she is a boarder or not.

Best,
Jiri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom