HELP - Production Databases are locked ! (1 Viewer)

diversoln

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:14
I am unable to open two databases that have been in use for several months. When I double click the shortcuts Microsoft Access opens with an error stating that it cannot file the file, check to make sure the path and filename are correct. The path and filename are fine - I see the files in the folder, however there are two other suspect files in the folder.

I have

PVProto.mdb and PVProto.ldb

and

SlideLog.mdb and SlideLog.ldb

The files with .ldb extentions are file types: Access.Lockfile.9

What are these files ? Can they be deleted ? Why or how did these lockfiles become associated with my databases ....

HELP PLEASE !

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:14
PVProto.mdb [database file] and PVProto.ldb [record locking file]

When you open a database, a record locking file is created. When the last person closes the database, the record locking file *.ldb is deleted. You can open the *.ldb file with notepad to view the users who were [are] in the database. It will list their workgroup name and computer name. As long as everybody has full permissions to the folder where the database is located there should be no problems. You might have to reboot the computers that were in the database if one of them still has a lock on the db even though everybody has closed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom