HELP - SQL upsize problem (1 Viewer)

Peter Paul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:04
Greetings,
I have attempted to upsize an Access database to SQL, and thought that I was realatively successful. I had problems with five tables, but thought I had figured out a work-around. But.......

Here is the problem. Five tables upsized without any problem. These tables power subforms. Viewed by themselves, they are fine. The data appears just fine. But the ability to add data is gone. The Add Record icon on the navigation buttons is greyed out, and that makes it useless.

Users are screaming, I am sweating....., not really. I could just change it back but would like to keep moving forward on this. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your assistance,

Peter Paul

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
I know this is a simple solution, but have you checked your allowadditions property?

Peter Paul

Registered User.
Local time
It will allow me to add records when I view the subform in form view. It will not allow me to add records when the subform is viewed on the main form though.......

I just looked at it again and it is sending an ODBC error about some fields which are null. Are null fields not allowed in the SQL database? If not how do I get around this? Some of the fields are not even visible to the user.

I am stumped

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Paul (edited 05-03-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom