[Help] Update Query to have check box ticked (1 Viewer)

Wiredex

Local time
Today, 09:16
Access 2007

I need help creating a query to update the Priority field in the Transaction table such that those visitors whose length of stay is 15 days or more will have the priority check box ticked.

And i need to run this query to update the data in the Transaction table.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:16
First up create a select query that selects all clients, and their related transactions, who's stay is greater than 15 days, ensure that the priority field is also being selected in the query.

Once you are confident that you have this working correctly, open the query in design view and change it to an update query, now in the Update To row below the Priority field put -1

Wiredex

Local time
Today, 09:16
Is there another method? because im not sure if im doing it right.
I made another table by copying the amended data which shows 15 days or more from Length of Stay query and made a new Priority field with checkbox. Next i made a update query and everything in my new table gets ticked.

But how do i make another query to update this new table to my original table? Therefore it's kinda complicated

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Can you post a copy of your DB, and I take a look at it. Save it back to '03.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Is there another method? because im not sure if im doing it right.
I made another table by copying the amended data which shows 15 days or more from Length of Stay query and made a new Priority field with checkbox. Next i made a update query and everything in my new table gets ticked.

But how do i make another query to update this new table to my original table? Therefore it's kinda complicated

When you made you select query to select all the records that showed values of greater than 15 days, did that work correctly? ie. was it selecting only the records greater than 15 days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom