Help w/Multi-field value filter expression (1 Viewer)

ArtW

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:18
I am trying to produce a report using a filter that would look for a single item in a multi-value field and the report output would only include the searched item. I'm using Access 2007.

Here is the filter expression I am using - "[Query Test Multifield]![Color] Like [Green]". I'm using this in the property sheet of design view of my report under data....filter...

I get the following error..."The multi-field '[Query Test Multifield]![Color]' cannot be used in a WHERE or HAVING clause"

What would be the correct search filter expression ? Thanks for your help ! Art

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:18
Code:
"[Query Test Multifield]![Color][COLOR="red"].Value[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]= [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]'[/COLOR]Green[COLOR="Red"]'[/COLOR]"
Note the changes highlighted in red.

ArtW

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:18
First time failed. However when I deleted the end quote marks on both ends it worked fine. Note that I am inserting code into Design View/ Property Sheet/ Filter line.....doesn't appear it needs the end quotes. Thanks for the help !

sabusali

Local time
Yesterday, 19:18
I am a total newbie to access and i am trying to learn it with some sample data. i made a database for home expenses and i have a form with category and product which should give data to the data table. i want synchronized combo to show only the products related to the selected category in the first combo box. i have tried to figure out this with several help and samples but i feel myself idiot and frustrated. could anyone help me with the attached file.
thanks in advance
sabu

Attachments

• samplefile.accdb
    656 KB · Views: 87

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:18
Sabu,

Please post your question in a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom