Help With Datasheet (1 Viewer)

gar348

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:50
Hello - Im looking for some help with a database i am trying to build for my company.

the database is getting fairly complex and im stuck !

we have an excel spreadhseet for costing jobs that has a number of sums in that i have managed to replicate into a datasheet with a number of unbound control with me.{xxx} VB code to write the unbound values back to the table. It works fairly well if its used correctly however i need to make this a little more bullet proof for the users.

The problems i am having are - my VB code in the datasheet is only working for 1 row at a time - 1 "main record" can have a number of records in the sub table. i need this to update all the rows so the sum values are correct

The 2nd problem is for some reason that data keeps corrupting in the unbound controls - resulting in a #error value in the filed. I think i need to write a control to add a "0" to the filed upon error to stop everything else being knocked out - any help would be appreciated........

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yesterday, 19:50
Hey, welcome to the forum.

my VB code in the datasheet is only working for 1 row at a time
This'll be way easier to troubleshoot if you post the code.

for some reason that data keeps corrupting in the unbound controls - resulting in a #error value in the filed.
Does this mean that the ControlSource property of the control is blank? Is there an expression in the ControlSource property of the control that errors? If so, post the expression.

gar348

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:50
Hello Thanks for the reply - decided to scrap the way I was doing it - to many errors possible for uses to corrupt table......

Changed to table / query - calculations in query and then a form

works wonders......

Thanks for your help though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom