Help With Validation Rule (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:46
You know the smart ass comments are really not helpful. I understand what each of you are saying about the best way to do, but I have to following the instructions given to me.
Then if you have that kind of constraint, you might want to specify at the beginning that this is a class project and you need help with understanding how to create a "validation rule" and to make sure we all understand the desired result, post the actual instructions. However, once you pointed out the actual requirement from your instructor, Plog pointed out that you had misinterpreted the instructions and our suggestions were in fact the correct way to solve the problem.

We are happy to help you, even with school work although we will NOT do the assignment for you. We will spend as much time as you need to help you to understand the goal and our suggestions for reaching it. We will even help you to develop a wrong solution but we will always point out why that solution is inferior. Then without being a smartass, you can discuss our suggestions in private with the instructor. Usually the people who are teaching Access at university are not developers. They are teachers who may not even have any real world experience. If that is the case and they are good teachers, they will take our suggestions as we intend them - offers of better, real world, solutions rather than as criticisms.

Keep in mind that if you want our continued support, it is important that you provide feedback on our suggestions and any problems you have with understanding or implementing them. Just abandoning a response because you don't like the answer or because you think the response is incorrect will not win you any friends here or on any other help forum. None of us gets paid to help you. We do it because we love Access and we want people to understand how to use it correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom