Hopefully simple, creating a form with tickboxes relating data in a table (1 Viewer)

SkillipEvolver

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:37
Hello everyone,
Massive newbie here. I've used access about 15 years ago but need to get going quick on something. I'm not one to skip learning but in this case I need to find an answer fairly quick, and hopefully it should be an easy one for the experts here.

* I have a table in Access containing 160 postal addresses in cells (vertical, obviously)
I need to create a form which staff members can use so that.. when they select an address from a drop down list (already sussed that bit).. they can then TICK a series of questions relating to the address.

In my scenario, I'm working on a a database containing addresses and certain criteria they need to pass: eg:

House has smoke alarm?
House has safe ventilation?

All of these questions I want to make tickboxes for (or yes no answers, but ideally ticks as it's just a bit more visual)

So I understand that each of the 160 addresses therefore has records attached to it (or the series of questions)

How do I go about making this work?

So far all I've done is designed a form with the questions and made a working drop-down accessing the addresses but there's no functionality to it yet.

Any help greatly appreciated!!
Really need some help! Job may depend on it! (Seriously!)

Kind regards.
Access junior.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 01:37
Ticks are ok , but could be a design problem later on.
instead how about a table of the criteria:

tItems table:
[Item]
Smoke alarm
Safe ventilation
CO detector

THEN the user can just add this as a child table to the address with a simple Dbl-click.
THIS way you can add/subtract questions just by adding it to a table, whereas if you use Ticks, you must re-design all forms and reports.

clients.jpg

SkillipEvolver

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, what you've got in that screenshot looks pretty cool.
I can imagine something like that working for me, where you've got those people's names in that list, I could see that being full of postal addresses.

But where are you getting these double clickable selections from? I cant see where they're coming from?

I don't want to overcomplicate things and get into a mess. I take what you're saying about not having to redesign anything later on and your suggestion looks impressive but for now, if I was to ask if you would kindly send me that file? I don't want to risk lots of errors tinkering with things I don't know about. So I went to keep it simple for now

SkillipEvolver

Registered User.
Local time
Ticks are ok , but could be a design problem later on.
instead how about a table of the criteria:

tItems table:
[Item]
Smoke alarm
Safe ventilation
CO detector

THEN the user can just add this as a child table to the address with a simple Dbl-click.
THIS way you can add/subtract questions just by adding it to a table, whereas if you use Ticks, you must re-design all forms and reports.

View attachment 73653

Would you be willing to send me a copy of that file at all? I know it's a bit cheeky to ask?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom