Horizontal Scroll Bar in List Box not showing (1 Viewer)

falcon

Local time
Today, 22:13
Hi

I have added a ListBox to a popup form which is intended to display the most recent records added via the form. The problem lies within the fact that there are over 20 columns, all of which are meant to be displayed, yet the horizontal scroll bar which I expected to help me with this is missing.

From the reading I have done, it appears that if the sum of the widths of all the columns exceed that of the listbox, a scroll bar will automatically appear. This has, however, not happened.

Could anyone suggest any reasons for this, or how I can resolve this?

Thanks

MStef

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:13
What do you have in the properties "Column Count", and Column Widths" ??

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:13
Some elaborate logic is applied to the horizontal scroll bar but it is very mysterious. So mysterious it is really only known to someone who used to work at Microsoft but left without telling anyone.

falcon

Local time
I had specified the number of columns in "Column Count" and the width of each column in "Column Widths".

I have solved the problem though. For some reason, if in your rowsource, your query is structured:

SELECT * FROM [Table] ....

the horizontal scroll bar will not display.
When I tried

SELECT field1, field2, ... , fieldN FROM [Table] ...

I got my scrollbar. As you said, GalaxiomAtHome, mysterious indeed.

Thanks anyway

falcon

Local time
Apologies, I seem to have gotten it wrong.

When I was adding my column widths, I think I left one value out. When I rechecked this, and the number of column widths corresponded to the number of columns in "Column Count" the scroll bar reappeared.

Thanks again

sacacompany

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:13
Apologies, I seem to have gotten it wrong.

When I was adding my column widths, I think I left one value out. When I rechecked this, and the number of column widths corresponded to the number of columns in "Column Count" the scroll bar reappeared.

Thanks again
GREAT TIP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom