Question How do I create a 3way seach to pull data (1 Viewer)

jcates592

JCates592 - Member
Local time
Today, 06:56
Please help, here is my problem,

(This is what I tried to do first) I have created a workbook with multiple worksheets (I attached the workbook that has a better visual description in it with what I am trying to get to work) and

I would like to create a cover (or main page) page so that a I can fill in the blanks and it displays the information I seek from the 3 required fields.

Example
Box 1 would be for what worksheet the information is on
Box 2 would be for what column of the worksheet selected in Box 1 (part 1 of 2 to locate the data within the worksheet)
Box 3 would be for what row of the worksheet selected in Box 1 (part 2 of 2 to locate the data where the information I entered in and intersects with the information I entered in part 1 and then displays the data that intersects at that point on the cover page in its own box)

A display box and

Also it would include the following:
A Clear Button
A Search Button
A Exit Button

I know know it is nearly impossible for me to do this in Excel (as I was rudely told in another forum). I had searched all over the web and asked all the people I know and I am still unable to find a solution.

Know I am trying and attempt it in MS Access 2003 (if it possible), if so can anyone help me figure out a way to do it in it? I am new to Access somewhat.

Please help!!! The reason I am asking because it is a lot of numbers to look through , I am just trying to find a way to make it simplify things for myself.

Thank You for Your help in Advance for all help received.

I hope I worded this right.....http://www.trianglelandscape.biz/workbook.xls

Attachments

• example.xls
    135 KB · Views: 99

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 11:56
This is not as difficult as it seems.

First create a table with correct number of columns then

In your first field you would store the sheet number or Id number
The next field would be the row number
The subsequent field would be your data items

The user then enter in - via a form - The Id number Then a row number then a column number

You would then perform a filter based on the first two items to get to the specific row in your table.

Then by using a select case statement get the corresponding data item based on the column number entered.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom