How to be professional in creating best form styles?

Ahmeed696

Local time
Today, 07:35
Hello everyone! I am good with planning databases, tables and codes. However I feel that my forms styles look simple and old fashioned.
I want to learn how to use access design tools to create a professional styles. I looked for courses but no body talks much about it.
Help me please with references if existed!!!!

As a generic response that does not specifically address your question: ask your targeted form users what they consider to be the most efficient sequence of actions to complete the form. After that you can visually embellish the form to look professional.

Did you see this devhut article. Modernizing the Microsoft Access Interface
Those are some fun designs, there is also a guy by the name of accessmoraes (Jose). See this post HERE. I really like his designs, you will just have to view them and see if you can duplicate the style.

google something like 'effective form design' to find tips and examples.

Agree with Steve - ask the user - determine what is important to display, what is key information they need to see and how it is displayed - list of data? graph? picture?. How do they navigate and/or scroll a form? using a mouse? keyboard? touchscreen? These are all factors that need to be taken into account for a professionally designed form, it is not just what it looks like, its about how well it works for the user. Choosing colours is fine until the client restricts you to using their corporate colours - same with fonts.

Most of my forms are designed to work like a website since 'everyone' knows how to navigate a web form.

That's very true. Functionality is very important as well as being intuitive. I have designed what I thought was a really nice form and design only to find out later from the users that they didn't understand how to use the darn thing. That was very humbling.

As a generic response that does not specifically address your question: ask your targeted form users what they consider to be the most efficient sequence of actions to complete the form. After that you can visually embellish the form to look professional.
Thanks you so much Steve. As you said I will start thinking about the style after getting all controls needed for users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom