How to change form's properties from code. (1 Viewer)

ListO

Señor Member
Local time
Today, 13:16
I'm trying to create a menu item which changes a property on the currently-active form. I would like the code to work on whichever form might be currently active.

I can easily put a button on a form which changes the property, but I'm lost when it gets to trying to address the form's property from outside of it's own module.

ListO

Señor Member
Local time
OK, that got me a little closer, but I don't seem to have the right structure here.

Here's what I have thus far, and it's riddled with errors.

Code:
Function ChangeSort(SortType)
Dim Fname As String
Fname = Screen.ActiveForm.Name
        Select Case SortType
        Case 1
            OrderByOn = True
            Forms!Fname.SortLabel.Caption = "Sort by Created Date"
            Forms!Fname.OrderBy = "[Created]": Forms!Fname.SortLabel.ForeColor = 255
        Case 2
            SortLabel.Caption = "Sort by Modified Date"
            OrderBy = "[Modified]": SortLabel.ForeColor = 255
        Case 3
            SortLabel.Caption = "Sort Normally": SortLabel.ForeColor = 0
            OrderBy = "[Reelnumber],[startnumber],[cuenumber]"
    End Select
End Function

I'm missing some big step.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 05:16
I'm missing some big step.

Yes, you are. You don't refer to a variable in the way you've done. It would be this:

Code:
Function ChangeSort(SortType)
Dim Fname As String
Fname = Screen.ActiveForm.Name
        Select Case SortType
        Case 1
            OrderByOn = True
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="red"])[/COLOR].SortLabel.Caption = "Sort by Created Date"
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="Red"])[/COLOR].OrderBy = "[Created]" 
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="red"])[/COLOR].SortLabel.ForeColor = 255
        Case 2
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="red"]).[/COLOR]SortLabel.Caption = "Sort by Modified Date"
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="red"]).[/COLOR]OrderBy = "[Modified]"
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="red"]).[/COLOR]SortLabel.ForeColor = 255
        Case 3
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="red"]).[/COLOR]SortLabel.Caption = "Sort Normally"
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="red"]).[/COLOR]SortLabel.ForeColor = 0
            Forms[COLOR="red"]([/COLOR]Fname[COLOR="red"]).[/COLOR]OrderBy = "[Reelnumber],[startnumber],[cuenumber]"
    End Select
End Function

ListO

Señor Member
Local time
That is, of course, the solution. Thanks for putting up with us.

-Curt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom