How to control a listbox with more than one button.Data source table containing the names of the analyzes and their affiliated groups (1 Viewer)

Hema1

Local time
Today, 01:15
Can you help? I have list box and two buttons

t button after click on it

All tests will appear

p button after click on it

The main groups will appear

The first button works perfectly

The second one I don't know how to do

The idea is that each analysis is included in a group

The listbox data source is a table that includes all the analyzes and the groups that each analysis follow it

I am working on designing a check box like the one in the picture so that I can filter it.

This means that the filtering will be based on the value of the check box, which is 0 or -1

Attachments

• msg.gif.69399f9abec08ddc7a19f77f974d7585.gif
    msg.gif.69399f9abec08ddc7a19f77f974d7585.gif
    253 KB · Views: 57
  • lab2 - Copy.accdb
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 46

XPS35

Local time
You need to set the rowsource of the list in events. Take a look at my example,

BTW, you need to have primary keys in your tables and create relationships.

Attachments

• lab3.accdb
    1.7 MB · Views: 65

Hema1

Local time
You need to set the rowsource of the list in events. Take a look at my example,

BTW, you need to have primary keys in your tables and create relationships.
Thank you very much, my friend
You can complete your beauty
I want to click on the first list to move to the second without repeating the elements.
The second point: I want to link the id, code, v.date from reservation_frm with similar ones in the selected analysis listbox.

Attachments

• lab4.accdb
    1.7 MB · Views: 53

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:15

Creating multiple posts for the same thing because you are not getting the exact solution you want, is not the way to do it. You need to stay with one thread and address the issues that people find in your database. People are not going to want to help if you just create a new thread when the provided solution is not everything you are looking for. You need to put in as much effort as those trying to help you.

Last edited:

Hema1

Local time

Creating multiple posts for the same thing because you are not getting the exact solution you want, is not the way to do it. You need to stay with one thread and address the issues that people find in your database. People are not going to want to help if you just create a new thread when the provided solution is not everything you are looking for.
My friend, I am a student and this is part of my graduation project. data base is divided among the researchers and each team must work and reach a certain point under certain conditions.
In my case, I am required to work without setting primary keys and using codes without using queries
I just want to link the listbox for the required tests to the basic form for the visit schedule

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:15
As a general rule we don't do assignments.
Certainly we don't normally help those who aren't willing to do some of the leg work themselves.

If the statement below is really true, I think I would be looking for a different course.
In my case, I am required to work without setting primary keys and using codes without using queries
A database is run by using queries, and primary keys are a pre-requisite for a successful design.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not sure what the point of creating such an arbitrarily wrong environment is supposed to teach you. I thought that the purpose of education was to teach you the correct way to do things rather than tie your hands and make you do it wrong:(

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
FYI. As stated, I already demoed a working solution on the OPs database that moves items from one listbox to another. Now, I had to make some wild guesses on how this is supposed to work, because IMO the tables are a mess and completely not normalized. But most times when you select something it stores the FK of the selected value to some table. So the left list includes all records not in the "selected" table and the right list shows the values in the "selected" table. This is done with a Not In query or a Not Exist query.

My big issue is that I did the work to demonstrate this, and for some reason it does not fit the OPs wacky requirements which were not specified (no PKs? no queries?). Instead of explaining why this did not meet their needs they decided to waste everyone's time and post a new thread with no reference to the original thread. Then when they again got an answer they liked to their homework problem they simply posted another new thread. I am trying to teach them etiquette, because there may be some issues lost in translation.

I also have a class module that can easily add this capability to any form with lots of features.
This is a little easier in that it is basically unbound. Then you can do all your movements first and determine what to do after all movements complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom