Solved How to copy data only from the customer table from AZURE (1 Viewer)

nector

Local time
Today, 15:51
Sorry expert again

I have hit a block again , I wanted to copy the customers details from Azure customers table, I was deceived thinking that since the data is visible in Ms Access linked tables and I,m able to copy paste manually , then the insert query was going to work, guess what it failed, there were couples of errors like:

(1) Data missmatch
(2) At the end it brought the unwanted password dialog again

If it works how do you copy the actual data not importing tables , this one I know it by using odbc it works well. I imported the actual table from azure using odbc in order to avoid data miss match , so in this case the table is just exactly as it appears in azure , now how do I copy the actual data and insert it in Ms Access new similar table, I want to be doing this so that any new data is also updated in Ms Access FE automatically. I prefer VBA way to deter users from doing it manually

These local tables will be used as lookup to speed up data capturing, currently this method is excellent , the only challenge is in the absence of automatic data copying from azure users have to update their FE manually individually. Currently the speed very good.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:51
If you have a linked version of the main Azure Table, then simply delete the local table and run a make table query from the source.

You can do this in VBA with a generic routine and loop around a table of your tables, with a flag set to make a local copy.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:51
If you can link to the Azure table, why would you ever import the data?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:51
If you can link to the Azure table, why would you ever import the data?

@Pat Hartman It's to make a local copy of lookup values for combos and lists for relatively static data to improve performance.
It's a technique we use frequently with Azure backends, and on a complex form with quite a few lookup's can make significant improvement.

You need to be cognisant of the fact that someone could update the main table with new data, but most of it is pretty static data, and can be updated rapidly on main menu loading.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:51
Thanks. I missed that point. I use the same technique with SQL Server tables.

nector

Local time
Today, 15:51
Many thanks Minty Actually I'm working on your advise I think I'm getting it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom