How to create a trend report in Access (1 Viewer)

gfnelson38

Local time
Today, 13:04
Hi, I am new to Access and have been asked to create a report showing the monthly trend. Never done this before. Please help.

Detail:

I have different teams: DEV (Developers), SA (Systems Analysts), QA (Quality Assurance) & WHSE (Warehouse). On a daily basis, the teams post the hours worked into a table called tblHrsWkd. The table has the following fields: UserName, Team, Date, HoursWorked. With this data, I need to create a report that will allow me to enter a date range and the team and have a report generated that will show the trend of the work performed by each team on a monthly basis.

For example: Date Range: January through June. The DEV team worked say, 150 hours in Jan, 157 hours in Feb, 210 in March, 327 in April, 122 in May and 230 in June. With this data entered, I would need the report to display a bar graph of the trend.

If you have any other ideas to show a better report, please let me know. This is a report that would be done by team on a monthly basis.

Thank you very much

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 19:04
Something like in the picture?

Attachments

• Trend.jpg
    Trend.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 555

gfnelson38

Local time
Today, 13:04
Yes, the picture posted is exactly what I am looking for. Can you please provide information on how to create this? Thank you in advance!!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 19:04
Create a column chart in a report, double click on it in design view, do the steps in the attached picture, (database also attached)!

Attachments

• Trend.accdb
    396 KB · Views: 148
  • Trend1.jpg
    Trend1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 166

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom