How to create custom menu options in 2010 (1 Viewer)

JPMB

Local time
Today, 13:56
Hi guys,

I can't seem to figure out how to create custom menus in Forms in MS ACcess 2010. For example, I have a form fmrMainMenu. At the top of the form I want to create a menu labelled "Reports" that when clicked or hovered it displays a list of sub-menu options of all the Reports available in the database. Once the user makes a selection the report is generated. The functionality that I am looking for is similar to the old menu options like File, Edit, etc., in MS Office.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly apprecited.

Thank you,
John

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:56
If you search this site I'm sure there's an example somewhere of doing this with a combo box. That is collecting all the report names into the combo, and then you click on the combo box and run the selected report.

JPMB

Local time
Today, 13:56
Thanks for the reply. I'm actually gonna use command buttons with transparent borders and use the click events to manipulate the visible properties of the sub-menu options, which are also command buttons. Seems to be working quite nicely!

ct2013

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:56
Otherwise create a dialog form that pops up when you click on "reports" which will have all the options you want!

----------------
Give us a thanks when we've helped!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom