Question How to Hide title bar of Access Application for a specific database (1 Viewer)

kotechaprashant

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:56
Dear All,

Earlier i have floated a query and this forum helped me which i cannot forget for my life.

I am again stuck with some technical issues in Access. I want to hide Title Bar of the Access Application for a particular database, as i dont want to allow any user to use windows close, minimize or restore buttons...... Can I do this?

If it is possible please help me out to understand the process / code i have to use. Please understand that I am novice to Access and do not know how to handle VB codes.

Thanks to all of you in advance.

crdfox

Local time
Today, 19:26
Hi kotechaprashant,
There are many ways. The simplest is to use a Form. Make it a POP UP, ensure that is MAXIMIZES on opening. Also remove all the Options re buttons for closing record selection etc.
Hope this helps
Regards
crdfox

kotechaprashant

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks crdfox

I have tried it but it hides title bar of Access Objects only. I need to hide title bar of the Access windows.

crdfox

Local time
Hi kotechaprashant,
I don't know why it Covers ALL my screen. I have attached the properties of my form check it to see if yours is the same.
Regards
crdfox

Attachments

• FromProperties.jpg
    FromProperties.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,701

kotechaprashant

Registered User.
Local time
Hi CRDFOX

I understand your properties. But it will still hide buttons of your form only. if you minimize you form the control button of the Access application will be there.

my form is not maximized, it loads as a dialog box only and i want all user to use exit button i put on form and not by clicking (X) on the window of Access application.

So changing property will affect only the objects of access and not the application settings.

This is my understanding correct me if otherwise.

crdfox

Local time
Hi kotechaprashant,
Your question was and I quote " I want to hide Title Bar of the Access Application for a particular database"
This form does that, I know it show up after you close the form, but what else do you do, the next item you open can be made to cover the whole screen also.

I do not know what else you do with your database, but there are many ways to do this. So without further information I cannot help.

Hope someone else can come up with a simple solution for you.
Regards
crdfox

kotechaprashant

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks CRDFOX

I appreciate your concern and time. It seems that the way suggested by you is not working for me. There can be some other issues in my database. I will try other way if I can find.

Thanks for your effort.

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:26
Take a peek at this to see whether this is what you want ...

Attachments

• DontQuit.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,290

kotechaprashant

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Nanscombe

I have this type of form where clicking the button would exit the Access Database.

I want to hide the top bar (where Access Icon and the name of database with minimize, restore and close buttons are), so the user can only use by buttons and not the windows buttons

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
Going by what I've been reading a lot of people don't seem to like doing this sort of thing.

However what I have been reading is about opening a form as a Modal PopUp. This seems to work but it doesn't look too pretty.

Being Modal even the Access Application's Minimize, Restore and Maximize buttons can't be used until the form is exited.

Attachments

• DontQuit02.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 837

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The first form opened is the last closed if the database is shut with the X. An On Close procedure can be used to prevent the database exiting when it gets to that form. However this does not sound exactly like what you require.

I use a little utility called NoClose on some other programs. It greys out the X button so the application cannot be exited with the X. I can't remember if it worked on Access.

It would be possible to address the object model properties of the window and remove the title bar entirely but this is advanced stuff. My understanding is this is what is done by programs that add extra buttons to a window's title bar. They actually remove the standard title bar and replace it with their own version.

kotechaprashant

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Nanscombe for your views but this not what I wanted to do.

GalaxiomAtHome you understood my problem I exactly need the same but unfortunately no way is found so far......:(

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
In your first post you mentioned ...

Please understand that I am novice to Access and do not know how to handle VB codes.

I realise what you're trying to do but I've been trying to avoid anything more complicated, like API (Application Programming Interface) calls to Windows, which are probably what you would actually need to do what you want.

Sorry I couldn't help any more but I'll leave you with a quote by Mick Jagger :)

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.

nanscombe

Registered User.
Local time
I've just re-read what you wrote earlier ...

Hi CRDFOX

my form is not maximized, it loads as a dialog box only and i want all user to use exit button i put on form and not by clicking (X) on the window of Access application.

By simply setting your form properties Modal - Yes and Pop Up - Yes the main Access buttons will not work until you shut the Modal form.

This may not give you what you want but it should give you what you need.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
I've just re-read what you wrote earlier ...

By simply setting your form properties Modal - Yes and Pop Up - Yes the main Access buttons will not work until you shut the Modal form.

This may not give you what you want but it should give you what you need.

totally unrelated......

Hey look, Another nigel :)

From nigel!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Remember that song?
We're only making plans for Nigel.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The AutoHotKey script on the page I linked works great.
It is about as good as you will get without doing some heavy programming with an API.

You could run the script from VBA when your application loads. The script can even be compiled to an exe so it would make it very tidy.

This application comes from the AutoIT scrpting system. I have used this and it is very powerful. One of the things we use regularly is its ability to RunAs in a script.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom