How To Remove Candle Wax from A Mobile Phone (1 Viewer)

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Today, 09:37
KenHigg said:
What was the roll eyes for? You think I'm being a butt again?

Oh not at all. :) More or less I'm amused by the whole conversation. How we got to my butt in a pair of tight jeans from candlewax on a cellphone. It's humourous. :D

~Chad

KenHigg

Local time
Cool...

I felt there were major differences between city and suburban people, I just didn't know there was a psuedo checklist :) (Of which I didn't score a single point!)

Is there a term for people who tend to go in to other direction? $13 walmart jeans, PayLess penny loafers, etc...? (Besides redneck :p )

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
Cool...

I felt there were major differences between city and suburban people, I just didn't know there was a psuedo checklist :) (Of which I didn't score a single point!)

Is there a term for people who tend to go in to other direction? $13 walmart jeans, PayLess penny loafers, etc...? (Besides redneck :p )

Erm. Depending if you're slugging beers around and wear a mullet. If so, sometimes TT (or trailer trash). Otherwise. We call them tourists. :cool:

~Chad

Edit: Or Texans. :eek:

Last edited:

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Okay. Now this REALLY humours me. We've lost our entire IP stack at work. I can't even so much a bring up google--this network is gone.

Yet I am magically able to communicate just fine on this site and this site only.

Makes me wonder, did someone decide to host it locally off my machine without telling me? :p

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
Whats a mullet?
:eek:

Oh no! I give all my hopes for you Ken that you do not sport it. A mullet is a type of hairstyle also known in the southern regions as a 'short-long.' Hair is cut short on the top and sides and grown longer in the back. Jeff Foxworthy sports a mullet. And the rat-tail look of the 80's was also a kind of mullet.

It's considered the ultimate fashion faux-pa.

~Chad

KenHigg

Local time
Nah... I had to give up on the hair thing many moons ago :D Now a day's I can just walk into pretty much any barber shop and ask them to go over it with a set of clippers with a #1 1/2 attachment, shave the neck and I'm good to go... :D

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:37
LOL ---- Best laugh I've had for ages ...............

You better develop the film in your camera as well!!!!

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
Cool...

Is there a term for people who tend to go in to other direction? $13 walmart jeans, PayLess penny loafers, etc...?

Yes, they're called sensible.
Oh by the way jeans are four quid a pair over here from Tesco and Asda :cool:

KenHigg

Local time
Rich said:

Do you have metrosexual, want to be urbanized men in the UK with chest waxing and all?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
Well, I still wear my 1976 Levi Red Label denim jacket, in fact I'm off to get some lunch - wearing it now ;)

Col

R

Rich

KenHigg said:
Do you have metrosexual, want to be urbanized men in the UK with chest waxing and all?
Yes, I suspect they're unsure of their sexuality :D

KenHigg

Local time
Rich said:
Yes, I suspect they're unsure of their sexuality :D

And that would be close to 'almost crossing the sexual preference line.'?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
KenHigg said:
If a man in the UK was to say he did chest waxing, I'm afraid it would provoke a similar reation to saying that he wears womens clothing at weekends. :eek: Best not to mention it in certain pubs if one wants to keep ones face intact.

Col

KenHigg

Local time
cheuschober said:
I personally like to feel the term simply describes a fully-urbanized straight man -- and by urbanized, I should sub-classify (European-urbanized) since metrosexuality is generally most prevalent in your urban cities that have heavy European influence -- New York, Chicago, SanFran but not necessarily, say, Houston.
If a man in the UK was to say he did chest waxing, I'm afraid it would provoke a similar reation to saying that he wears womens clothing at weekends. Best not to mention it in certain pubs if one wants to keep ones face intact.

So if you aspire to be considered a European influenced, metrosexual kind of guy, the chest wax thing could be attributed to ...? :confused: :confused:

(p.s. Glad us normal southern guys got something reasonable from our British heritage :p )

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
In the UK in schools you can get beaten to a pulp for not wearing the correct brand trainers. So anything out-of-the norm is liable to get a beating by these mindless thugs.

Incidentally, the teachers union here has now issued instructions for teachers not to break up fights in schools - because teachers could be sued for "excessive or inappropriate" handling of children, be suspended if the child complains and go through a local and Dept of Education enquiry. Teachers must wait until the last possible moment before stopping the beating, I presume thats when the child is almost unconcious. :rolleyes:

Incidentally,the parents of the beaten child can also sue the teacher for "lack of action and intervention" if they don't intervene.

What a strange world we live in.

Col

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
KenHigg said:
So if you aspire to be considered a European influenced, metrosexual kind of guy, the chest wax thing could be attributed to ...? :confused: :confused:

(p.s. Glad us normal southern guys got something reasonable from our British heritage :p )

Well it's debatable. Since most of the cleanest men's fashion comes from the UK and France you have to admit a certain decidedly European Influence.

The reason to wax a chest is simply that it tricks the eye and makes the pectoralis majora appear much larger. The same goes for getting rid of the 'stairway to heaven' for the abs and even a bit of trimming down-under. Removing hair from said locations makes the body mass found there appear larger (and in some cases is much kinder to the missus if she's putting her mouth there! :eek: )

As for questioning the 'sexual identification' of metrosexuals it's actually just the opposite of what has been insinuated thusfar. Most metrosexuals are far more secure in their sexuality than your average man. Part of it is environmental--you tend to find metrosexuals in mostly urban settings where sexual liberation is less supressed. In less liberal settings (IE sub-urbanity), you have a considerably higher population of in-the-closet individuals and that leads to an overall greater insecurity for the population. Simple ignorance of the homosexual community (at least by extended experience with) and strong religious ties (almost all of which are anti-homosexual) also contribute to a greater sexual insecurity (by population).

Metrosexuals tend to have considerably more experience with the homosexual community (like me when I was an actor and the only straight man in a room of 50). In an environment like that everyone is free to be, whomever they want to be--the pressure that makes heterosexuality a 'preferable choice' (though sexual preference is never a choice but choosing to engage in hetero or homosexual activity can be argued to be a choice) is removed. So in that circumstance males tend get in touch with their own sexuality far more deeply only because there's no reason to hide.

Then you (as a metrosexual) don't have to 'prove' what a man you are by wearing busted up jeans and ripped t-shirts. You begin to appreciate your own body for what it is and the pleasure it can bring your partner. Men ask their girls to dress up in dresses and wear high heels, etc, so why shouldn't the girls get the same treatment? If pink is a good color for your skin tone and hair and eye color--what's to stop you from wearing it? It's having control of yourself and throwing social stigmata to the wind for the arrogant paranoid BS that it is.

~Chad

R

Rich

cheuschober said:
If pink is a good color for your skin tone and hair and eye color--what's to stop you from wearing it? ~Chad

Try wearing it out on the streets over here and see what reaction you get :cool:

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
Incidentally, the teachers union here has now issued instructions for teachers not to break up fights in schools - because teachers could be sued for "excessive or inappropriate" handling of children, be suspended if the child complains and go through a local and Dept of Education enquiry. Teachers must wait until the last possible moment before stopping the beating, I presume thats when the child is almost unconcious. :rolleyes:

Incidentally,the parents of the beaten child can also sue the teacher for "lack of action and intervention" if they don't intervene.

What a strange world we live in.

Col

What a bloody farcical society Bliar and co. are creating.
"We're going to crack down on bullies in schools, we're going to get tough on grime and the causes of grime ":rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom